Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Family Staterooms - Forward cabin or Promenade

Does anyone have advice on the forward facing Family cabins on deck 9 on the Freedom ship? Are they good? Do they have bunk beds in them? Would we be better off in a Family cabin on the Promenade?
Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:12 PM
Passenger

I just got off the Mariner this past Sunday, and stayed in Family Ocean view, 8200, which is directly overlooking the bow. The room was HUGE! Three rooms really. Large bedroom (with big closet, vanity, huge window, TV), living area (another huge closet, another TV, sofabed, 2 chairs with ottomans, and two more windows), and a bunk bed kids room, which had it's own door, and was big!
I will attempt to post some pictures of it.
If I cruise on the Voyager class again, I will HAVE to have this same cabin. It looks to be the largest FO on the ship. There was one next door to us, but I got a peek in, and it was much smaller than ours.
The other good thing was that it was in a secluded area, sort of a dead end- no one walking by our door at all.
Only draw back was being so far forward, if you are prone to seasickness, you may be bothered by the motion in high winds. We had 60 mile an hour winds the first night, but we loved the mild rocking.
Karen

Here's a link to my webshots page, which has LOTS of pictures, but the first 8 or so are of the FO cabin, 8200, with little descriptions of what you are looking at.
http://travel.webshots.com/album/558881774wwnxPB

http://travel.webshots.com/album/558881774wwnxPB
Old May 1st, 2007, 08:59 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to FlaHomeBldr

Thanks so much for the pics we are on the June 3rd Mariner cruise and are staying in FO 9200 I hope our cabin is as nice as yours we are very ecxited.
Old May 6th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Family Staterooms - Forward cabin or Promenade

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul1815
Does anyone have advice on the forward facing Family cabins on deck 9 on the Freedom ship? Are they good? Do they have bunk beds in them? Would we be better off in a Family cabin on the Promenade?
It looks like these have sofa beds and pullman beds (out of the ceiling). Comparing Family Oceanview Staterooms to the Promenade Family Staterooms: about the same size, but different layout. Take a look at the deck plans and you'll see what I mean. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findac...vigation=false

Also the view out the windows is vastly different: outside forward over the bow and helipad vs. inside Royal Promenade looking down to Deck 5. Either will provide ample room for a family.

Good luck, Steve