Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave
Default Cell Phones and Cruising

I found this interesting. Roaming from the ship at $2.49! Cheaper than the $10 PM on this ship I guess. While in Cozumel it is $0.69 and $1.29 in Grand Cayman and Jamaica. I thought I cruised to get away from the phone!

From Verizon:

Cruise Ship Roaming Rate TXT Messaging Can I use my VZW
phone to call this
country from the U.S.?
Royal Caribbean: Mariner of the Seas $2.49 N/A Yes

± International Dialing feature (I-Dial) is required on your account before you leave the U.S. for international roaming. To roam in Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Guam, Jamaica, Saipan, and the United States Virgin Islands the I-Dial feature is not required. Eligibility restrictions apply. For more information, please call Customer Service at (800) 922-0204.

*CDMA roaming rates are either $0.69 per minute or $1.29 per minute, depending on the country or per your Corporate Agreement. This information is current as of 8/3/06 but is subject to change without notice.

View Coverage and Dialing Instructions
Before you leave the U.S.
Verify that you have the International Dialing feature (I-Dial) added to your calling plan by dialing *611 (Customer Service). The International Dialing feature is not required for calls to Canada or while roaming in Canada. For South Korea, see the special instructions below.

Looking for more countries?
For a short trip abroad, try our Global Rental program.
Frequent traveler? Purchase a Global Phone.

International Roaming Terms and Conditions
Subject to Customer Agreement and Calling Plan. Requires digital or tri-mode phone with current roaming software. A manual update to your phone's software is required to roam in South Korea. To make and receive calls in certain countries requires international dialing capability (I-Dial) on your account. Minimum payment history and contract term requirements apply, and a security deposit may be required. Failure to maintain these requirements may result in suspension of I-Dial without notice. You may remove I-Dial at any time by calling Customer Service. Text messaging may not be available wherever voice service is available. Text messaging rates vary by country. Premium text messaging programs that are accessible domestically are also accessible when roaming. Premium text messaging charges will apply in addition to text messaging roaming charges. Rates apply only on participating carriers' networks and are subject to change without notice. Service availability is subject to change without notice. Availability of features, including the ability to make and receive international calls, varies by serving carrier and location and may be restricted without notice. BY USING YOUR PHONE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES, YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLYING WITH ALL APPLICABLE FOREIGN LAWS, RULES AND REGULATIONS ("FOREIGN LAWS"), INCLUDING FOREIGN LAWS REGARDING USE OF WIRELESS PHONES WHILE DRIVING AND USE OF WIRELESS CAMERA PHONES. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT VERIZON WIRELESS IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM YOUR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH FOREIGN LAWS.

Cruise Ship Roaming Terms and Conditions
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Subject to Customer Agreement and Calling Plan. Requires digital or tri-mode phone with current roaming software. International Dialing (I-Dial) feature is required to make and receive calls to and from locations other than the U.S., and to make and receive calls when you are in port or on land (subject to roaming service availability and rates). I-Dial is subject to eligibility requirements, which if not maintained, may result in restriction of service. Service availability and rates are subject to change without notice; please check International Services for most current information. Cruise Ship Roaming rates apply only to calls made and received when traveling in international waters on the cruise lines and ships currently published on verizonwireless.com/international. Calls made and received when you are in port or cruising in an area served by a foreign roaming partner are billed at the applicable roaming rates for that country. Availability of calling features, including the ability to make and receive international calls, varies and may be restricted without notice.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10