Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 18th, 2007, 05:14 PM
First Mate

Default Legend ship

Has anyone been on the Legend ship within the last two years? If so, please give me your pros/cons of the ship.

I am planning on going to Aruba next year, and may possibly take that ship. I'm trying to find ships that go to Aruba.
Sponsored Links
Old May 18th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Passenger

We were on her last November. Our 4th cruise, first on RC. While the ship is older she is in overall good shape. Some rust and wear in places but what can you expect. Very easy to navigate, entertainment was good+ (highlight for us was the night The Drifters gave a concert) Food was OK, we found Carnival's to be a bit better. I took our waiter's advise nightly while DW was more adventurous (she had several meals where she only picked at her entree while I finished mine.) Our kids raved about the Adventure Ocean Club, gym is smallish, no alternative dining, room service mediocre at best. Crew was fabulous and friendly, everyone made a point to make eye-contact and say hello. Miniature golf ought to be ripped out if RC isn't going to repair. Rock wall was deserted lots of times. All-in-all a good experience. I would sail her again if the right combination of destination and price came up. BTW one of the highlights was sailing out of Tampa...these folks know how to make you feel welcome and embarkation and debarkation were almost pleasurable, would sail from Tampa again in a minute. Hope this helped.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 05:25 PM
First Mate

Chascougs, thanks for the report.

What was your itinerary last November? In otherwords, what islands did you visit?