Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 23rd, 2007, 03:50 PM
First Mate

Default Vacations To Go.com

Has anyone booked a cruise with vacationstogo.com? If so are they a reputable firm?

Tulum Mexico Resort Reviews

Splendour of the Seas 97
Veendam 05
Westerdam 06
Serenade of the Seas 07
Liberty of the Seas 07
Jewel of the Seas 08
Westerdam 09
Volendam 09
Solstice 10
Solstice 10
Caribbean Princess 11
Nieuw Amsterdam 11
Oasis of the Seas 12
Queen Elizabeth 12
Eurodam 13
Carnival Valor 13
Carnival Fantasy 14
Constellation 14
Sponsored Links
Old May 23rd, 2007, 04:37 PM
Admiral

I used them once as they were the best price. No issues and service was great.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old May 23rd, 2007, 05:03 PM
First Mate

Default Vacations To Go.com

Thanks for the reply and positive response!

Tulum Mexico Resort Reviews

Splendour of the Seas 97
Veendam 05
Westerdam 06
Serenade of the Seas 07
Liberty of the Seas 07
Jewel of the Seas 08
Westerdam 09
Volendam 09
Solstice 10
Solstice 10
Caribbean Princess 11
Nieuw Amsterdam 11
Oasis of the Seas 12
Queen Elizabeth 12
Eurodam 13
Carnival Valor 13
Carnival Fantasy 14
Constellation 14
Old May 24th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Admiral

I too have used VTG from time to time, and had no problems at all. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again in the future. Good prices, and good service.

Ken
Old May 25th, 2007, 03:27 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks

Good to hear that you have all had positive experiences with vacations to go. Am considering using them myself. Reading this has made me feel more comfortable!

thanks!
karen
Old May 31st, 2007, 11:53 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks

Just booked our cruise with vacationstogo. The agency had been recommended to me by several people. Susan, our agent, was great helping to select a cabin, price and when my parents called to book their cruise, she had everything lined up for them. Smooth sailing the whole way.
Confirmation arrived just a bit ago and everything was exactly how we wanted.

No complaints! Hope this helps.

karen
Old June 3rd, 2007, 08:30 AM
First Mate

They do have a great site for checking military prices for all cruise lines.
Easy to use. We used them one time for the Grandeur. No problems.
Old June 4th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Passenger

Don't see any advantage at all for using them. Their prices for Royal Caribbean are the same as booking with Royal Caribbean directly. I've heard too that you have a heck of a time getting a lower price if cruise drops.
Old June 4th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Passenger

i have used them for all 3 of my cruises and all three times got a good price and excellent service, i highly reconmend them, especially if u can book last min, i got my first cruise for extremely cheep for a balcony on the 9th deck because of them, plus if u use them several times they will get you on-board credit
Old June 8th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have found their website extremely easy to navigate.
Old November 26th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Beginner

I will not use Vacations to Go again.

While very helpful, six hours after booking with them, I found the same cruise for $50 cheaper per person on CruiseDeals.com.

While they advertise "Best Price," due to the fact that I didn't bring up the price at the time of booking, I was told I was out of luck as far as them matching the better price.

While it was my fault for not doing more checking ahead of time, I had read good things about Vacations to Go and assumed they had the best prices.

Long story short? Check CruiseDeals.com first. It would have saved me $100.
Old November 26th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Yeoman

The lowest price is not always the best deal. Service means alot too. Be careful using a lesser known booking agency in these tough economical times. Several booking sites have closed shop and then your forced with trying to get your money back and rebooking. VTG has been in business a while and does offer some great prices. I have used them in the past and was very pleased. They even had a bottle of champagne waiting in our room once (complimentary of course).
Carnival Legend
HAL Eurodam
Caribbean Princess

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/s...avelin&match=1
http://www.igougo.com/profile/profil...emberID=574103
http://picasaweb.google.com/beentravelin
Old November 26th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Beginner

I believe CruiseDeals.com is a legit site as well, are they not? I didn't say not to use VacationstoGo, I said to check CruiseDeals.com first.

Also, speaking of customer service, would it not have been a great goodwill gesture on VTG's part to say, "Hey, we do pride ourselves on having the best price. Even though it was your mistake, we're going to honor the better price and hope you'll spread the word," which I would have.

As I've often heard said about the restaurant business. "If the food is good, your customers will tell two people. If the food is bad, they'll tell 10."
Old November 26th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Captain

As a franchise holder with another company, I can say that I had some training with 2 employees from "VTG" and they were superb. We even joked that I still used their site sometimes for research (due to the ease of navigation). I also agree that cheapest isn't always the best value but that's what makes it great about sharing information on the boards.
Old December 5th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Cruises Only is also a good firm

Used them years ago...and just now again.
Costa cruise in 1989
Old December 7th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Pattizoo

I have used VTG for 3 different cruises and they have been wonderful. We even discovered a $200 on board credit when we checked in on our first cruise- and this was after finding ourselves with a balcony when we had booked an inside guarantee! Twice, our bookings required coordinating with other parties and this was also done without a hitch.
Old December 14th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Passenger

Why book with them when you can get the same price directly. If the price goes down then you ask for a reduction and they will credit your credit card STAT. I got my money back right away.
Old December 14th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by VERSED240
Why book with them when you can get the same price directly. If the price goes down then you ask for a reduction and they will credit your credit card STAT. I got my money back right away.
If you booked directly with the cruise line you likely paid more than you could from quite a variety of different travel agencies.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 14th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Passenger

Default reply

I have checked out all those cruise specials on all the sites and I have never found anything cheaper. I guess I must not be looking at the correct places.
Old December 25th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to scapel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by VERSED240
If you booked directly with the cruise line you likely paid more than you could from quite a variety of different travel agencies.
I agree with this statement and also you can get a better cabin selection with a good TA. Apparently the cruise line is prevented from giving you a better deal than the TA.
Rennaissance would not work with Travel Agents except American Express and went out of business because of this. Their product (ships) were good, but the management was poor.
Old December 25th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasail
Don't see any advantage at all for using them. Their prices for Royal Caribbean are the same as booking with Royal Caribbean directly. I've heard too that you have a heck of a time getting a lower price if cruise drops.
Exactly right. Same price as if you call Royal Caribbean and book it directly through Royal Caribbean Customer Service yourself. We did use a TA when we first started cruising. While sitting in the office, the TA called the cruise line to get the price I may not be the smartest cookie in the jar, but I did realize I could have done that A few months before our cruise the price dropped 100 dollars per person. NO the TA did not call to tell us this.... we saw it at the Cruise Lines website. This was on a Thursday - called our TA and she was off until Monday. We called the cruise line and they said that since we had a TA, they could not help us and we would have to go through our TA to initiate getting the lower fare. On the following Monday our TA was back but the price had gone back up :evil:

I know that some will probably say that they have the greatest TA in the world and thats fine. For us, WE like to have control over our reservations and have never had a problem getting the lower fare when/if the price drops.....just a quick phone call. We have always found the Cruise Lines Reservations representatives to very helpful in getting us what we want and always there to answer questions after we book.

Please understand that I am not saying that TA's are outdated. BUT if you think you are getting a better price and better service by using a TA, think again.
Old December 25th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to scapel

I booked a cruise aboard a Celebrity ship. I thought I would get a discount, but the agent said they could not sell the cruise cheaper than the TA.
I wanted a particular cabin but Celebrity aboard ship could not get it.
I booked the trip, but later got my TA and she got the cabin I wanted and I had the booking transferred. I had a $200 ship board credit for booking the cruise on board. My TA got that ship board credit for me also, charged me the same thing that Celebrity on board was charging and got the cabin I wanted. Made the Celebrity agent mad, but I think I got the better deal.
Old January 1st, 2009, 11:33 AM
Passenger

The travel agents are right when they say they are not allowed to discount cruise lines like RCCL and Celebrity, may be some other ones. But a good TA can give you onboard credit, or free insurance etc. I always get it from my agent. If somebody wants, e-mail me and I will give you his e-mail.
Old January 1st, 2009, 10:27 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by toly
The travel agents are right when they say they are not allowed to discount cruise lines like RCCL and Celebrity, may be some other ones. But a good TA can give you onboard credit, or free insurance etc. I always get it from my agent. If somebody wants, e-mail me and I will give you his e-mail.
Whenever someone operating a business, for profit, uses words like "give you" and "free" , my right hand automatically goes to my back pocket to make sure my wallet is still there.
Old January 1st, 2009, 10:43 PM
Passenger

Rick, it is a smart way of running a business. It is always better to lose a part of a profit to customer who would appreciate it and will come back, than to lose the whole profit to competition. Why do you think I keep the same TA for many years? Easy: because I always get a little something when I book.