Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Passenger

Default Snorkeling in Labadee

We'll be on the Mariner of the Sea July 15-22. My husband wants to try snorkeling. We've checked out several excursions but don't see any in Labadee. Does anyone know if they offer snorkeling in Labadee? Thanks for all the info.
Sponsored Links
Old May 25th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I thought they did offer it there, but I have heard it isn't that good there. Still lots to do there, you may want to try the waverunner excursion, thats a blast.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 26th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Passenger

Yes. You can get snorkel equipment on land. We snorkeled on the side facing the ship. When you get off the tender its the first beach as you walk left. Smaller area, but calm and snorkeling was good.
We didn't take a trip, but from looking at the water in Grand Cayman, I would think that is the best place to snorkel out of the 4 stops.
Old May 29th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Passenger

Thanks so much for all of your replies. The information you get on this web site is really helpful and insightful.
Old May 30th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Beginner

I'm new to this site but I have a question re: snorkeling.. what do you do about your wallet/valuables while in the water?
Old May 30th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

There is an area by where you jet ski, little cubby's that you can put things in and lock if you want. It was a slight charge and centrally located. There are also the waterproof pouches you can purchase to hold money, credit cards, sign/sail card, etc. They sell them onboard in the gift shop.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 30th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymgoer
I'm new to this site but I have a question re: snorkeling.. what do you do about your wallet/valuables while in the water?
When I go snorkeling, I don't take my wallet. In fact, it stays in my cabin safe from the first time we get into it, until we disembark. As for keeping your currency, SeaPass, jewelry or whatever dry and safe: spend the money and invest in a Pelican or similar quality underwater case. Google them and shop on line or visit your local sports warehouse store.

One thing I wouldn't recommend is those silly "waterproof" money containers they sell on the ship. They're okay for currency, cause it still spends the same if it's wet. But they are not good quality to depend on a water tight seal.

Take care, Steve
Old June 3rd, 2007, 11:38 PM
Passenger

I wouldn't recommend snorkeling in Labadee. We tried it and I could barely see my hand in front of me. I would snorkle at another one of the ports you are going to. As for Labadee, I would try the waverunner excursions or parasailing. Have a great time!!!

NCL Pearl 05/07- Cat AG
Carnival Triumph 11/07- Cat 12
Old June 4th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Passenger

Thanks Scottsdale Cruiser for the heads up on snorkeling in Labadee. I appreciate any info I can get!