Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Beginner

Default room and closet size

I keep thinking of more questions . . I am traveling with my husband and two children (7 & 10) on a 9 night Canada New England RC Grandeur in June will there be room for all our clothing in closets and dressers? Do we keep our empty suitcases in our room? We are in a Larger Inside Room on deck 8. Our boat only offers laundry service but has not self serve laundry facilities - about how much does this coast . . I have only cruised before about 9 years ago on a Carnival and can't really remember!
Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Captain

You might get different responses about the storage space but I think it's going to be tight. Suitcases do stay under the bed BUT that can be a good thing! I suggest leaving some stuff in them and about halfway through (you don't want to be under the bed as part of your daily activities) switch out clean clothes with some dirty ones. Travel tip; bring plastic bags for those dirty/worn items ()=;>)
Old May 27th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Admiral

You will be fine! I have never had 4 in a cabin (just my DH and me), but I tend to pack "heavy". I am always amazed with all the closet and drawer/shelf space. Your suitcases will be stowed under your bed.

I do recommend taking extra hangers. I usually do.
If you feel the drawers or shelves are too crowded, leave a few of the clothes in one of the suitcases, until needed.
I can't recall the specific cost of the laudry, but seems like it was 1.25 per wash load. Take a roll or two of quarters and your own laundry soap (in a zip-lock baggie). They also have an iron that is available.

Have fun!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old May 27th, 2007, 11:19 AM
First Mate

If there are laundry rooms onboard you don't have to take as much clothing, just do laundry!

We cruise with 4 people, Dh, Self, Ds (8yrs old) and Dd (just turned 5).

We learned this after our first cruise. No one cares that you wear the same outfit once or twice. Makes life and luggage hauling MUCH easier!

We'll be taking this same cruise in July of "08 and only plan on packing 4 days worth of clothes for each of us. One big suitcase and we're done! Of course we'll still have a carryone for each person but just one large suitcase.

Have fun and can't wait to hear about the trip!

2005 Carnival Spirit to Alaska

2007 Carnival Conquest to Western Caribbean

2008 Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas to New England/Canada

2010 Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas to Southern Caribbean