Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Beginner

Default Question on Mariner - JS #1694

I was planning on booking a cruise on the Mariner - Junior Suite #1694. This is an aft cabin and was wondering if anyone has stayed in this room.
Also any ideas on what to do in Ocho Rios? I heard Jamaica can be a little dangerous. I will be traveling with my husband & 2 kids (11 & 12).
We all love any water sports.

I've been reading a lot about the Mariner on this board and it sounds like a great ship. We sailed on Vision of the Sea (Mexican Riveria) and loved it, but she was a smaller ship. Mariner seems to have a lot to offer. Any advice would be appreciated!!!
Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Passenger

If you have never been to Jamaica I would suggest the falls. I think your kids should be old enough, but I would ask first. Its not an easy climb but not too bad if you help each other.
Horse back riding was fun. Again not sure about how old or tall someone should be, but they take the sadles off and you ride around in the ocean for a few minutes.
If you are up for adventure we did the zip line tour and it was great.
Old June 9th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Admiral

itcobber has it correct as far as the best tours in Jamaica. Just be sure to book with the cruise line at this port, and that way you won't have to worry about safety. Jamaica is an absolutely beautiful island, and it's a shame that the Jamaicans are so agressive with the tourist. I'd suggest going to the falls for your first trip to Jamaica. They are absolutely beautiful.

See y'all aboard,

Ken
Old June 9th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Passenger

Our family stayed in Jamaica for 10 days a few years ago. My DD,s were 10 and 15. It was the BEST vacation I have ever had, and the best New Years Party I have ever attended. ( I am 46 and came from the Great Partier Generation, ) Our family has also been to all the Hawaiin Islands, Cozemel, Cancun, and Grand Cayman on land vacations. Jamaica is an amazing Island. The people get a bad rap for the aggresiveness of some. It is a poor country for some. I have been back there on a cruise last year and would do an extended vacation there again, in a heart beat. Like any other foriegn country it is bet to be cautious at night and stay in the resort areas.
With that being said, We did all the above excursions and they were all fun. ei... Horses, Dunns River falls. BUT THE BEST excursion is the "Swim with the Dolphins, by far hands down. Young and old alike, it was incredable! Make sure you book "swim" (in the water) and not the encounter (on the dock,touch). I hope that helps! All of the other tours are fun to, but if you want AMAZING, with the kids, go with the dolphins!
JMHO! Have a great cruise.

Royal Caribeans Liberty of the Sea
Old June 11th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Beginner

Thanks for all the tips - sounds like a lot of fun.
Old June 15th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

I had 1394 on Voyager which is pretty much the same cabin as Mariners.

There are many pictures in this link.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/262...69756907zQYffE

Enchantment Of The Seas

Explorer of the Seas Winter Get Away -- back to the aft cabin
Old June 18th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Beginner

Thanks, Great pictures
Old June 18th, 2007, 07:56 PM
First Mate

I had a JR Suite aft on the Voyager. Can't say enough about aft, wonderful.

Enjoy