Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Beginner

Default Location of Aft balcony staterooms

I just recently booked two balcony staterooms (adjoining) on Explorer of the Seas for the 2008 Canada cruise at the aft. The rep said I would love it because of the larger balconies. I am a little concerned with the rocking of the boat , noise of engines, smell, etc. Should I be concerned? The rooms are on deck 9
Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Have had a few of those cabins, and there is minor moving back there, no smell of any kind. You have to be careful exactly where the cabin is, there are support beams in the back and some cabins are a bit of a distance from the water. The cabins closer to the edges are fine. I think you'll be quite happy with that selection.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 23rd, 2007, 01:00 PM
Yeoman

We would never consider any other cabin than the aft, espically on the corners! Great balconies and views. You will love it back there, although the walk to and from the room to elevators is a trek, it is WELL WORTH THE TIME! Enjoy!!!
Old June 23rd, 2007, 05:18 PM
Admiral

I agree with you about the aft balcony cabins. Just booked my second on the Adventurer of the Seas. A nice long walk to the back of the ship but good exercise after all of the food you might eat and they are really nice in late afternoon when the sun is just beaming onto the balcony. Also a great place to hang when departing from any of the ports. I like the nice long balcony and the extra space. Bob
Old June 24th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Yeoman

Kack11... send me your email and I can send photo's of explorer deck 7 (#7388 corner aft) You will see the deck is well worth the walk...
We prefer deck 7 to any other aft deck, the 2 corner rooms offer a great deck with both a side and back view, less obstructed by the tons of metal back there.
Old June 24th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi MomX4,
I too had one of those on Voyager. That cabin too, was extra large, biggest cabin I've ever had, even with the pole. The balcony was so nice, you got both a side view and a back view without any of the metal obstructions, great cabin.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 24th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Yeoman

Donna... We did not have the cabin on deck 10 with the infamous pole, our's was on deck 7 in the corner aft #7388. Our room was nothing more than a standard size, by far... but the deck is well worth the adverage size room!