Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Captain

Default Sovereign questions and my first post

Hello to everyone. I'm a first time poster on the board and am very impressed with all the information available here from friendly people. My wife and I just booked on the Sovereign for a 4 day Bahama cruise for our anniversary Aug 27th. Anyone else going at this time? Would enjoy hearing from others who have been on this ship lately. This is only my second cruise (first on Carnival Holiday about 7 years ago)...This will be my wife's first cruise. I'm sure we'll visit each port at least some but don't think we'll go too crazy with too many excursions...This is more of a relaxation cruise for us. She is especially interested in any comments / suggestions about the spa..facials, masages etc (me too on the massage). Thanks for any comments and info'.
Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Welcome to Cruisemates Ready2board. You'll find lots of good information here.
My husband and I are going on our 4th cruise on the Sovereign in July. On our first cruise we took a guided tour around Nassau which was interesting and hit all the highlights. Our last 2 trips to Nassau we just sort of walked around and found the Pirates Museum which we enjoyed a lot.
When you get to CocoCay it's nice to know that you don't have to stop at the first (usually crowded) part of the beach you come to. Explore a little and you may find yourself with more room.
Once you have this 4 day cruise under your belt I bet you'll have the fever for at least a 7 night trip! Enjoy!
Angela Z.
Old June 12th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Captain

Angela:

Thanks for the reply and the advice on Nassau....that's probably what we'll end up doing there. Coco' looks fun and I hear good things about it. I'm not sure we'll bother getting off at Key West....What were your impressions of it? You're right, I want to start doing at least 1 cruise a year and hopefully ones a bit longer. I was sold after my first one. I just don't think you can beat the value for what you get. When I retire way up the road, would love to do 2 a year...One longer one during the winter months and a shorter one in late Spring etc.

Hope you'll write a review and let us know how it goes in July...Hope you and your husband have a great, safe voyage...I'm sure you will. I plan to write a review when we return after our late Aug trip. Take care.
Old June 15th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Passenger

we are going on that cruise on monday actually... I'll be sure to pass along any advice
Old June 15th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Passenger

I went last year and loved cococay. I didn't care for Nassau-too many hustlers in my opinion, but if you go over the bridge to paradise island and to where the atlantis is it is really nice Enjoy!