CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Live-from the Freedon Of The Seas (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/334681-live-freedon-seas.html)

subtropic June 13th, 2007 01:27 AM

Live-from the Freedon Of The Seas

Somewhere between Haiti and Jamaica - After a total meltdown during embarkation (the photo process for sign & sail security went kaput) which led to the scenic route through the terminal building, everything was finally set straight. The upgrade fairy made his/her presence felt once more. Any negative posts that I read recently about this ship did not occur (no frayed carpets, strange smells, surly staff, etc). It is interesting comparing this ship to the Adventure and Voyager and to the Radiance all of which I cruised recently. I can see the added length over the Voyager class in the Promenade and the pool deck where each has bigger, more, of everything. The FlowRider is a sight to behold and the H2O Zone, a waterpark for kids is the best design feature that I have seen in a long time. There are nine hundred (900 !) kids aboard out of the close to four thousand or more (a complete sellout), and as CD Richard Spacey has said that's 900 people going around pushing all the elevator buttons at once. However between the adults only pool and other layout features it has not been a problem for those without their own offspring aboard. The food has been great, entertainment the best ever, the staff top notch. This is THE multigenerational vacation solution like I have never seen. Something for everyone all day and night long. I cannot imagine the new ship on the horizon for RCI that will handle six thousand guests ! Will follow with more info on the ship and the Western Caribbean. Labadee today was a wonderful respite-it has really expanded since my first visit here 2 1/2 years ago. Keep cuising !

thecruisequeen June 13th, 2007 07:24 AM

looks like you are having a great time!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D LOL :-P

Donna June 13th, 2007 09:15 AM

[/b]Hi Sub,
How I envy you, enjoy Freedom. I loved the ship and activities and I agree, saw the best entertainment at sea, some of those shows are amazing, including the ice show.

fitzla June 13th, 2007 04:10 PM

We had the same problem on our Freedom cruise with the Seapass photo system going down. Took a long time to get it up and running, and then as they got a few people through, it went down again. Took us an hour to get through the thing. But so worth it once you get onboard.

tropical-cowgirl June 14th, 2007 09:29 PM

Subtropic... have sun on your cruise! I am so jelous! Can't wait for my cruise on LOS with that Itinerary.