Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 14th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to littlehoney Send a message via MSN to littlehoney Send a message via Yahoo to littlehoney
Default grandeur of the seas

im going on the grandeur of the seas this june and i really wan to no what to expect for the whole 6 days im on the cruise cause this is my first time lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when you get this email please email me at littlehoney1993@hotmail.com thanx god bless
Sponsored Links
Old June 14th, 2007, 10:45 PM
First Mate

Hi there,

The Grandeur of the Seas was our very FIRST cruise in 2004. We are hooked on cruising now because of her. We have gone on a cruise each year since and are going this October on her again.
You will have a great time!!

If you have any questions feel free to ask away, I'm always happy to help!

Happy Cruising
Comet Cruiser
Gail

Old June 15th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to littlehoney Send a message via MSN to littlehoney Send a message via Yahoo to littlehoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet Cruiser
Hi there,

The Grandeur of the Seas was our very FIRST cruise in 2004. We are hooked on cruising now because of her. We have gone on a cruise each year since and are going this October on her again.
You will have a great time!!

If you have any questions feel free to ask away, I'm always happy to help!

Happy Cruising
Comet Cruiser
Gail
thanks so much what kinda foods were served on the boat
Old June 18th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hello Gail and fellowcruisers,

We also will be sailing on Granduer of the Seas in 2007 and was wondering what kind of food they had to offer in the Windgammer as well.

I have heard various comments to fair, bad, etc. I guess it depends on your tastes. I cannot understand how you could complain with such a variety of food all in one area.

elf

Big Red Boat?
Carnival Jubilee 2004
Carnival Valour 2005
RCCL Empress of the Seas 2005
RCCL Brilliance of the Seas 2006
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas 2007
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas 2008
Old June 18th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

IM ALL READY TO GO ON THE GRANDEUR WITH GAIL AND OTHERS IN OCTOBER.

PERSONALLY ONE POSTING HAD IT ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. HEHEEHE! IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEIR IS ALWAYS MORE TO CHOOSE FROM I AM SURE.

ALWAYS LOTS OF FOOD AROUND TO EAT AND USUALLY ALL KINDS OF VARIETY.

I HAVE LOST SOME WEIGHT SO IM READY TO GO NOW,..... WHO'S COMING....

WEZIE...(LOUISE)
Carnival - 1982

Grandeur of the Seas
Old June 19th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Passenger

My husband and I are thinking about the Granduer for a cruise in Jan. I have read some pretty bad reviews lately and was wondering what anyone could tell me. Have you been recently? I heard that it was not as regal as it used to be, that the carpets were worn and thin and that it was rusted and moldy in spots. Any truth to that?? I also read where the ship was in dry dock for 2 weeks in April. Maybe they took care of some of the problems then.

Anyone sailing on the Jan. 3 cruise out of Tampa? I would love a balcony cabin, but my husband is not one to sit, so... guess for the money we will stick with an inside cabin unless our travel agent can get us a cheap upgrade.

We have been on the Enchantment twice before and it's a beautiful ship!

Thanks in advance!
Old June 19th, 2007, 11:27 PM
First Mate

Hi!
Not to worry about the condition of the Grandeur, I have heard from ppl that have been on her since the dry dock in April and she's all polished and they did some sort of renovations in the Windjammer. They also have replaced some carpeting and any other worn areas. So don't worry she's going to be sparkling!!

As to the food question, this person also said that the food was plentiful( as usual) lots of varitey and very good. I haven't ever heard many complaints about the food at all, or about the Grandeur in general.
Most ppl who sail on the Grandeur rave about the condition of the ship, the food, and the crew.
I am sure you will have a fantastic time on your cruise.

We can't wait til October to be back on the Grandeur!!

Oh yeah...one last thing...the new bedding is supposed to be AMAZING!

Comet Cruiser
Gail

Old June 20th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Passenger

Comet Cruiser - Thank you so much for your reply. It really puts me a little more at ease. The Jan. 3rd cruise is just about the only one that fits into our time off during Christmas. We are truly looking forward to it.

Like I said, I would love to get into a balcony cabin and am hoping that our travel agent can work some magic.

Thanks again! Happy Cruising!
Old June 20th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

My husband isn't much of a sitter either, but......too bad so sad...WE GOT A BALCONY...THIS TIME IT AINT ALL ABOUT HIS WANTS.
For the extra cost that we pay out for the balcony I think that it is going to be worth it. I have been on 3 other cruises and they were all inside cabins which where fine. (very dark) didn't realise the time ect. (not that I slept pass 5:00 am everyday.. I was up and out of there.

Im thinking that it is Going to be amazing to have a balcony I can't wait for the experience. I heard once you go balcony you never go back. I dunno.

As for the hubby, we will see he says he will never use it. I will have to make that different. In the mornings he enjoyed going up to the top deck right to the front and watching the ship pull into docks that way.

Maybe he thought he was surving with the TITANIC SHIP.

HAVE A WONDERFULL TIME ON YOUR CRUISE AND JUST GO FOR THE BALCONY ANYWAY IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.... YOU NEVER KNOW.
Carnival - 1982

Grandeur of the Seas
Old June 20th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hello Fellowcruisers,

Thanks for all your replies on Grandeur of the Seas. As we have been on a couple of RCCLs, I usually get a balcony. It's kind of your like your own little away place from the crowds so to speak. It is nice to take a book out on the balcony with a cuppa or some food and just enjoy listening to the ocean, looking for fish and soaking up the sunshine without the crowds!

I remember my husband telling me he did not want to go on a cruise. Now he cannot wait for the next one....

elf

Big Red Boat
Carnival Valour 2004
Carnival Jubilee 2005
RCCL Empress of the Seas 2006
RCCL Brilliance of the Seas 2007
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas 2007
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas 2008
RCCL Explorer of the Seas 2008
Old August 11th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Passenger

Just got back from the Grandeur of the Seas. The ship was clean and the food was great. For breakfast in the Windjammer, you could order eggs or omelets anyway you wanted and then there was always scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, cereal, etc. Plenty to chose from. At lunch, there was a place where they had wraps, sandwiches as well as other hot selections and always a salad bar and desserts! I thought the food was great! There was also pizza, hot dogs and hamburgers, french fries in the Solarium pool at all hours if you weren't happy with anything else. Food in the dining room at night was also wonderful -- always had some sort of chicken, beef or fish selection.
Old August 12th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Passenger

jjml Thank you so much! I was hoping to hear good news about the ship. I am glad that you had a great time and that it was clean and the food was wonderful. We are cruising in Jan. and are looking forward to it. We have been on the Enchantment twice and loved it too! Thanks again!

Granduer of the Seas 08
Enchantment Of the Seas 06
Enchantment of the Seas 04