Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 18th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Familiar Face

Default Rhapsody balcony cabin by library?

Booked this cabin as the others available were too far back. It is located forward, right by the library. Can anyone tell me what this area is like? Is it highly trafficed? I must say that the thought of not having a neighbor on one side would be nice, but not sure haow the view would be as the balcony looks "hulled in". I noticed today that another cabin opened up (7110), looks like there are no lifeboats below. Should I switch? Please- I need opinions or pics, so i will stop obsessing about this! Thanks!
Going on #9! Serenade of the Seas 12-08!
Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Captain

I'd switch based on cruises on her sisters that were near the Centrum (even one adjoining the Library). Pedestrian noise approaching or leaving the elevators was louder and of course there is the live music in the Centrum itself. Certainly not a "be all, end all" but since you asked......
Old June 18th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Familiar Face

Default Thanks!

This cabin is on the forward side of the library. The ones on the aft side (across the centrium) are near the elevators. Does this make a difference on traffic noise? We will be on deck 7, so would we hear the centium music?
Old June 19th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Captain

That's exactly the one we had several years ago (just not sure if it was "Rhapsody" but definitely Vision class ship) and it was noisier than we preferred. We could hear Centrum music and people talking/laughing as they approached or left the elevator area but we might be spoiled since we love being in the aft cabins!

Hopefully someone else will chime in with their vote 4 ya, Robbie
Old June 19th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Familiar Face

Default Thanks for the reply!

What was the view from the balcony like? From the outside, it looks kind of "hulled in". Also the library window looks like it "juts out". Could you look aft? Was the balcony more private? Do you have pics? Thanks!