Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2007, 04:52 PM
First Mate

Default Just back from Explorer 9-day

What a fantastic time we had! The crew on this ship is very happy. I mean, service on all of RCI has never disappointed, but these guys had a very positive vibe going on.

I am a party-type cruiser, so I can't tell you one thing about any of the shows, parades, or joiner activities...but if you have any specific questions about other stuff, I am happy to answer.

Oh, and beer prices have gone UP...by a dollar or so. Drinks of the day were also priced MUCH higher than on regular days. For example: Long Island Ice Tea on any day in a regular glass...$5.75. It was published the last sea day as the DOD at $11!!! yowza

They also ran out of limes on THURSDAY! This left me without mojitos and caipirinhas for two and a half days. That is my only complaint about an otherwise fantastic cruise!!

You can see my pics here: http://travel.webshots.com/album/559...R?vhost=travel

Tracy
Sponsored Links
Old June 19th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

I am a party type cruiser too. My pics from the Mariner are in the galler here. I don't remember everything so needed the pictures so when I got sober I could see what I was doing....

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old June 19th, 2007, 07:18 PM
First Mate

Thanks for the pics!!! I'm going on that exact same cruise...It helped a lot to see the pics.

Thanks again,

PS. Who is the CD and is she/him any good...
Old June 20th, 2007, 11:22 AM
First Mate

CD is Allan Brookes, and I thought he was very good. I didn't see him much, since I didn't do the shows. But he is very energetic and funny without being intrusive or pompous.

When are you going? You MUST check out Dean Grey in the pub...especially the two shows he has up at Dizzy's during the cruise. I wrote on my comment card that he belongs up at Dizzy's every night. Amazingly soulful singer/guitarist....too good for a cruiseship, IMO. He also happens to be a super nice guy.

And Ben in the Schooner bar is totally hysterical. He had them packed in there every night. He was quite a stitch!

You will have a fantastic time, and because I like to take pics of people more than sights and decor, should recognize some familiar faces.

T
Old June 20th, 2007, 11:35 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave the Wave
I am a party type cruiser too. My pics from the Mariner are in the galler here. I don't remember everything so needed the pictures so when I got sober I could see what I was doing....
I know the feeling!!

Took a quick look at your Mariner pics before I headed out on Ex. Looked like you were having big fun! Don't you have one coming up without the boys? Someone needs to warn the ship!!!!

T
Old June 20th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

I am going on this cruise next year. Can you tell me a little about the port. Never been out of Nj. Is it easy to get to? How is the parking? terminal?
getting on and off?
1 NCL
1 American Hawaii
1 Celebrity
Holland America 1/15/11
Old June 21st, 2007, 11:15 AM
First Mate

Oh gosh, Port Liberty was fantastic! It is extremely well-organized and pleasant. I can't tell you about parking (although I know it costs $16/day *cash*), since a friend dropped us off and kept the car at her place close by.

It was a very quick and efficient process, both coming and going. I was very impressed.

Tracy
Old June 21st, 2007, 11:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

THANKS
1 NCL
1 American Hawaii
1 Celebrity
Holland America 1/15/11
Old July 16th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Familiar Face

Default Good News

Glad to hear your report! I just read 2 unfavorable reports on customer service and dirty rest rooms and horrible food. We are cruising on her August 3rd. 16 days and counting. Your words made me feel better. Thanks, Percy
Old July 17th, 2007, 07:15 AM
First Mate

I read somewhere that parking at cape Liberty was $12.00 a day. Can anyone verify this. Zotzer says is was more like $16.00 a day. Where can I find more info on this?

Thanks
Old July 18th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Passenger

Just got back from 9 night Explorer
Parking was $15/day - $135 for the 9 night cruise
They take cash or credit cards
Old July 20th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Familiar Face

Default Explorer Port Changes rest of 2007

We go 9/14 and just learned the shocking news. I started a new Thread with the basics. Anyone going on Explorer may want to check it out.

Get ready for Plan B.
Old July 21st, 2007, 08:03 PM
First Mate

Thanks for the info Cruzeluvr. I too will be leaving from there. I guess they don't charge you for 10 day for the 9 nights 10 day cruise. Is this correct? Also, I had read somewhere maybe from youm that they now have "photi sea pass", is this true? And if so, when did they start that?

Also, in your experience how was the security for parking your car? All help appreciated.

Thanks in advance....
Old July 22nd, 2007, 07:54 PM
First Mate

Does anyone have any answers to this?

Thanks
Old July 22nd, 2007, 07:59 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks for the info Cruzeluvr. I too will be leaving from there. I guess they don't charge you for 10 day for the 9 nights 10 day cruise. Is this correct? Also, I had read somewhere maybe from youm that they now have "photi sea pass", is this true? And if so, when did they start that?

Also, in your experience how was the security for parking your car? All help appreciated.

What is Photi Sea Pass? Is it Photo Sea Pass (meaning identification card?

BTW, I learned from another board that RCCL offers FREE bust transport to Cape Liberty From Philadelphia, Wilmington DE and I think Baltimore. My agent and RCCL didn't tell me. That's saving us $150 plus gas and tolls.
Old July 22nd, 2007, 10:32 PM
Passenger

First - a minor correction - the parking is $15/day + tax which actually made it $16/day = $144 for the 9 night cruise.

The security is just fine. The long-term parking is in a fenced in area which is locked while the ship is away.
Old July 22nd, 2007, 10:39 PM
Passenger

What is Photi Sea Pass? Is it Photo Sea Pass (meaning identification card?
The sea pass card is the size of credit card and serves as your boarding pass, ID, room key and credit card while on board.

When you check in at Cape Liberty and get your sea pass card, before you actually board the ship they take your picture and it is encoded in the magnetic strip on the back of the sea pass card. You need the card to get off the ship, and when you reboard security people swipe the card and check you against the picture. They will ask you to remove any hats or sunglasses you are wearing so they can clearly see your face.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 08:57 AM
Familiar Face

Default Don't all cruise lines use Photo IDS?

I thought they did. HAL always did. Someone here was surprised they "started using" them. Guess that confused me