CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/index.php)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=262)
-   -   Rad of the seas and where to stay the night before departing (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/showthread.php?t=335429)

thesawch June 28th, 2007 12:27 AM

Rad of the seas and where to stay the night before departing

Hello,i booked our first cruise on the Radiance of the seas for Jan.27 2008.My question is we will be frlying to Miami the day before.I have to book my own hotel for the night before.I was wondering if anyone can recomend a good clean,safe hotel with a continental breakfast and will not cost me 300 bucks for the night.A good referal would be greatly appreciated.i have looked at the Ramada Inn via the internet but not much on the location etc.Thanks Dale

Robbie H June 28th, 2007 05:47 PM

Have you registered online with a chain you do prefer? Hotels that charge $300 a night don't always have the same deal for e-mail/repeat guests. Just a thought, Robbie

yellosno June 28th, 2007 08:24 PM

Holiday Inn Port of Miami

thesawch June 29th, 2007 09:02 PM

I am leaving from Ft Lauderdale.Thanks

croozbabe June 30th, 2007 09:26 AM

I recommend the Comfort Inn Suites - reasonable cost, free airport shuttle, continental breakfast included, free shuttle to the ship.

pop66ma June 30th, 2007 12:17 PM

We stayed at the ramada in miami two years ago and we will never stay there again.There desk people treated us bad.The room was dirty,and when we ask to change our room they gave us a hard time.When we went to the pool there were no towels and when we ask for one the pool attendent took one out of the dirty toweks folded it and gave it to us.I thru it in his face.When we got home I filed a report with Ramada inc.and after two months we received a letter of apolage.They stated that they checked the hotel and we received a full refund.
Just a reminder that was two years ago,things can change.This was the ramada in Miami on I think Collin ave.

croozbabe June 30th, 2007 12:55 PM

Dale,

You're flying to Miami but the ship sails from Ft. Lauderdale, right? My recommendation for the Comfort Inn Suites is in Ft. Lauderdale, not Miami. Just wanted to make sure you understood that.

Debbie

thesawch July 2nd, 2007 08:26 PM

Debbie thanks,Yes it is to Ft lauderdale for the night.I believe we can fly either to Miami and or Ft lauderdale but have not finalized a flight yet.However we leave at port Ft Lauderdale so i will stay there the night before.Thanks Dale

CA Cruiser July 2nd, 2007 11:43 PM

Since you are cruising from Fort Lauderdale, I would recommend flying into Fort Lauderdale because it is only 5 minutes to the port. I believe it should be less expensive too. You could do Priceline for a 4-5* hotel. We got the Hyatt once and then the Bahia Mar for under $100. We personally like the Embassy Suites because we get a great govt rate there. Have fun planning.

LisaK July 3rd, 2007 11:12 AM

Ft. Lauderdale is so much nicer than Miami imo. The airport is five minutes from plenty of hotels and the pier. Embassy Suites is a beautiful hotel, but they have gotten wicked expensive lately. The Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street is nice, neat, clean, nothing fancy. Comfort Inn/Suites is also nice.

kenandlinda July 7th, 2007 12:12 PM

We stayed at the Renaissance when we sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale. It is a great hotel. No continental breakfast, but there are great little stores just down the block and we bought oJ and danish for the next morning. There are coffiee makers in the rooms. You don't really need a big breakfast because when you board the WindJammer is always open!

It was very nice. They have a shuttle to the airport, or you can take a cab.