Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 2nd, 2007, 11:37 PM
Passenger

Default First Time Cruiser and with 2 young kids---Crazy?

Seeking advise and information....my hubby and I are planning a cruise vacation this December 2007. We have not been on a cruise prior to having kids and are making our first cruise our FIRST family vacation.

Our kids will be 16 months and 3 (almost 4 yrs old at the time of the cruise). We were looking into and impressed with Disney but the price was a little more than we want to pay and since the kids are young, not sure if we need to pay for all the Disney name---this time.

We are looking seriously into Royal Carribean---Grandeur of the Seas but open to any ship and all suggestions. Just want family friendly.

Wondering about child programs as well as childcare. ANY advise will be welcomed to this eager first time cruise and first vacation in 4 years!
THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Carla
Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2007, 05:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Carla,
You really can't go wrong with a Royal Caribbean ship when cruising with kids, the kids programs are great, they all seem to love them. Most of the reviews of Grandeur of the SEas have all been good.

Have fun.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 7th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default If you want honesty, read on, if not ignore this post...

If it possible, and you have a family member who could watch the 16 month old, that would be the way to go.

This would give you the opportunity to enjoy the cruise with your daughter, who will really enjoy a DISNEY cruise. I have been on Disney and although, because I am an adult, it was not meant for me, I watched the children in wide-eyed wonder!

Everything is geared for them. I highly recommend DISNEY for your first family vacation, especially during December!

While RCCL is fantastic, it truly is dedicated to adults, first.

Oh, well, I was just being honest. DISNEY will cost more, but it really will be worth it for your daughter.

Diane

Disney Magic 2006
Soverign of the Seas 2006
Mariner of the Seas 2007 (9 weeks to go!)