Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Cruise Maniac
Default Voyager Class v. Radiance Class

My wife and I are trying to plan our next cruise with a few other couples. And we are torn between doing a cruise on either a Voyager Class ship (Mariner or Navigator) or a Radiance class ship (Jewel or Radiance). From what I understand the Voyager class ships are much bigger with the Royal Promenade and all. And the Radiance class ships have a lot of the same emmenities, but just on smaller ships. Is this correct?? We cruised on the Enchantment last fall and loved it, but would like a newer ship this time around. Any opinions or general information would be much appreciated. Thanks for any help.

Randy and Heather
"So many nights I've just dreamed of the ocean, God I wish I was sailing again." Buffett

Destiny '11-booked!
The Royal Cancun '10(A.I.)
Dream '10
Sun Palace Nov. '09 (A.I.)
Glory '08
Sun Palace '07(A.I.)
Enchanment of the Seas '06
Aventura Spa Palace'04 (A.I.)
Couples Negril '04 (Honeymoon, A.I.)
Big Red Boat '93
Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:38 PM

I have yet to go on a Voyager class with the promenandes, but to me it just seems like a mall stuck in a ship. I can tell you that the Radiance is the most beautiful ship - but by the 7th day she did feel a little too small, but Enchantment ( I cruise last Sept) is my favorite as it has been stretched in the center and seems to me the perfect sized ship.

Now if you could get Dave The Wave's attention ((shouting out to DTW) he has been on the Enchantment several times and he just did the Mariner in May 07 and said it was his best cruise so far and from his pics and his stories it sounds like the Mariner is an awesome ship, just a little large - as I wouldn't necesarrily use the ice skating rink. But my vote for you is the Mariner if you want the large ship and Radiance if you want a serene beautiful classic ship. (and the Enchantment for a rockin good time )
Carnival Victory March 9, 2013
*carnival dream *
Glory 2/28/2010: Dina & Marty
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:35 PM

Wow, that is a toughie. I have been on both the Voyager and Radiance class ships. In the Voyager class I've been on the Adventure and the Explorer. In the Radiance class I've been on the Radiance and the Senerade. Both classes are very nice. For elegance I'd choose the Radiance class. In particular the Radiance of the Seas. The beauty of this ship to me is breathtaking. To me the thing that sets the Voyager class apart is the Royal Prominade. It's just fun to be on it. Parades, live music, food, shops and dancing. The Voyager class ships are bigger. There are more things to see and do. I like the Adventure of the Seas in this class. Well I hope this helps with your decision. Whichever one you choose have fun. 8)

Oasis OTS 6/2015
Serenade OTS 12/2015
Jewel OTS 3/2016
Harmony OTS 12/2016
Serenade OTS 12/2016
Old July 6th, 2007, 08:50 PM

Go with the voyager class....having sailed navigator twice...voyager twice and have the mariner booked for oct ..i prefer them...sailed the radiance but wasnt impressed...it just couldnt compare to the voyager class while sailing the caribbean
Mariner May 2008
Mariner OCT 07, 2007
Enchantment..June 2007
Voyager....April 2007
Radiance...Oct 2006
Voyager ..April 2006
Navigator ..Oct 2005
Empress...May 2005
Navigator ..Oct 2004
Enchantment May 2004
Majesty..May 2003
Monarch...Sept 2002
Old July 6th, 2007, 10:02 PM

If you won't miss the ice rink, I vote for any of the "Radiance" class ships. Classy without being HUGE. It isn't just the time onboard, it's every time you ALL need to get on/off. Just my two pennies, Robbie
Old July 7th, 2007, 11:44 AM

Hi ... we have sailed Brilliance (Radiance Class) and just come off the Navigator (Voyager class...see link below for review, photos, video etc which may help you)

Its a tough question because we loved both ships but for different reasons.
I'll try and outline the reasons below:

Brilliance (Radiance Class)
More glass so more of an At Sea experience
Bigger Schooner Bar....MUCH bigger
Colony Club is much lighter in the day with great views - nicer than Ixtapa on NOS
Solarium - has a glass roof in case of inclement weather - depends where you sail
A very beautiful ship, more intimate but still a sense of size and wow factor.

Navigator (Voyager Class)
Royal Promenade - great layout for the shops and a good thoroughfare for the ship
Ice rink...we enjoyed this but it wont be for everyone obviously
Additional main pool... better for families probably
Two atriums....big wow factor, much bigger open feel

We would sail both ships again without any reservations. It really depends on what you want from your cruise. Hope that helps some....
Wakelover xxx

Navigator of the Seas Review
May 2007
Photos, video & more...

caribbean, class, ice, navigator, newer, nicer, radiance, rink, royal, ships, skating, versus, vesus, voyage, voyager, vs