Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Passenger

Default Breezes runaway bay resort jamaica? A good excursion?

I am thinking of signing up for the all inclusive day at the breezes runaway bay resort jamaica when we go on our cruise in Dec.
Has anyone gone there? It looks nice online and my husband and I are looking for a place to relax for the day and eat and drink and be merry.
Any comments?
Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2007, 08:51 PM
First Mate

Our table mates went either there or a Beaches resort. They made the arrangements prior to the cruise. Someone from the resort picked them up right at the pier (great service.)The one thing I do remember is they said they needed to pay cash that they did not accept the credit cards,which was something they were not prepared for. They paid for a all inclusive day. Bottom line is they loved it. Something I would do our next visit to Ocho rios.We compared notes and we didn't like OchoRios and they said the Resort was fantastic. I was sure jealous. Have fun.
Old July 10th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Passenger

THank you for your reply. I was glad to hear it was a great time for your table mates. It looks nice online but you never know until someone has been there if it is worth the money to go there for the day.
Old July 11th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Passenger

Yesssssssssssss......We did this 2 years ago......and love it.....Your food and drinks was including with the excursion( this include eating in the dining room and grill bar).When you get there they will give you a orange wrist band so they know you are with the cruise line....Don't forget to get a hut with a table for your drinks on the beach....Enjoy Yourself.....
Christina T.
My Soul is sailing....but My body is working....
Old July 12th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Beginner

My friend and I just went to Breezes this spring and I am going back on my September 15th cruise...The place is beautiful. I booked through RCI at a cost of 99 dollars. The picked us up at a little past 9am at the pier. We did have to wait in the hot sun for the bus, but once on the bus the air conditioning was put on and all was well. Half way there the sky opened up and it started to rain. It never stopped for the whole day. The ride to the resort was about 30 minutes and really scenic. The driver dropped us off at the front of the resort, under a covered walkway. The place was beautiful with water falls and a stream of water running through out and around the lobby area. Everything was open, but covered, with wonderful breezes. There were shops, some meeting places and a bar right in the main lobby. When you walked out to the beach area you could chose a covered way or go out into the open...it was raining so.
The main area by the beach had two food places, one was buffet, with fruits, salads, sandwiches and some hot items...it opened at 12 noon and the presentation was fabulous, however the food was tasteless, not interesting at all except for the fruit and salad. Even the desserts were bland, although they looked great. Way at the other side was a jerk station that also had hamburgers and I believe hot dogs...that food is much better! In the center is a big bar that also has poppped corn. There is entertainment all day long...and since we couldn't go out and enjoy the beach or the pool, because it was pouring the entertainment was funny...mostly bar games etc. and the views were beautiful. All drinks were free, and many were really taking advantage of that fact. But there was never a wait and the pina coladas were great, as were the strawberry daiquiris. The only bad thing was the ride back to the ship. One couple drank way too much and held the bus up for almost an hour. We just made it back to the ship and could not shop at the dock stores, something I had planned on doing. But all in all it was wonderful and I highly recommend the excursion...well worth the money.
Old July 12th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Passenger

Thank you so much on your take of the resort. I can almost picture it with all your detail. I am soooo excited. We dont go until december but I cant wait.
I will book this as soon as I can. It is still too early.
It was too bad that it rained all day for you. I would be so upset over that.
Thanks again for your post.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 04:43 PM
Passenger

Default i disagree`

me and my husband did this excursion in 2006. we each paid the 99 dollars for it. yes, food and drinks are included in the price, but we didn't like it because we got bored. they have a beach and a pool. our boat has a pool and we don't have to pay for it. there's not air conditioning anywhere there except for in the rooms which you have no access to and you have to do everything outside and the day we went, it was so hot!!!! we didn't think it was terrible but it certainly wasn't worth the money and we won't do it again.
RCCL - Freedom of the seas - Western Caribbean 2006
RCCL - Mariner of the seas - Western Caribbean 2005
RCCL - Enchantment of the seas - Western Caribbean 2004
RCCL - Explorer of the seas - Eastern Caribbean 2004

I'm finally a platinum C&A!
Old July 23rd, 2007, 05:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I recently was watching a show on the Travel channel about Jamaica and they showed the resort. It did look very nice and everything is included. I did a day at a Sandals once and that was also very nice.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 31st, 2007, 10:31 AM
Passenger

Default SOOOOO SAD

I am so disappointed. When I looked under excursions in the general list for Ocho Rio Jamaica Royal Carribean listed the all inclusive day at Breezes. So I was planning on that and really looking foward to it.
Then I put my reservation # in and was ready to sign up and that didnt come up on the list of things to do for my specific time of cruising.
I called RC and they said it is not good to look in the big general search because you will get more options than you will in the more specific list once you reserve a cruise and go in that list.
I was so confused and really disappointed. Why would they list in the search then if it is not offered. I really planned my cruise around which ports had an all inclusive day somewhere.
So now I am at a loss of what to sign up for at ocho rio and I dont get my all inclusive day. :cry:
Old July 31st, 2007, 10:42 AM
Admiral

cheesygirl - it might be too early to book your excursion thru the cruise line since you aren't sailing until December. alot of times the cruise lines won't open an excursion until after final payment date has come and gone,because "technically" the cruise doesn't exist until final payments have been made. Do your on-line registration, sometimes that helps, it narrows things down for the search engine, keep trying, and be very specific when you search for the excursion
Old July 31st, 2007, 04:16 PM
Passenger

I did the online registration but I will wait until final payment in september and then look again to see if that excursion has been added.
I'm sure there is other things to do that will be fun also. I am trying not to let this make me crazy.
I will wait and book in october for things and then for sure everything will be on there and my final payment will be made.
Thanks for the tip.
Old July 31st, 2007, 05:49 PM
Passenger

Cheeseygirl, my husband & I did this excursion this past Apr. on Freedom of the Seas and I found it to be really relaxing. That is until it rained! It was worth the money & is one of the safer things to do in Jamaica. We were docked in Montego Bay so I'm not sure there if there is a difference.
Old July 31st, 2007, 06:27 PM
First Mate

can't you book it on your own? look up their web site.
Old July 31st, 2007, 08:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were in Ocho Rios last year and we booked our own excursion through Breezes. First we went to their website for Jamacia and than we emailed them. To be honest I don't remember how much it cost, but they will inform you when they respond to your email. You can either book the excursion online or through their 800 number. If I were you though, I would wait to see if your specific cruise is going to over such excursion, before booking it on your own. You can always inquire about it now, just in case RC dont' offer it. Good Luck and enjoy your cruise!

Jessie
CCL: Celebration 5/07
Crown Princess 10/07

Free Cruise Clocks