Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 14th, 2007, 02:07 AM
Default Need tips on visiting Barcelona 3days pre-cruise

Hi everyone,
I will be staying at Lyon which locates in the city center near Las Ramblas. I will have 3 nights there before my cruise with RC on Nov 10, 2007. However, my daughter who was there few years ago warned me that the city can be dangerous for me to travel alone. I also plan to take the train or Areobus from the airport to my hotel. Please tell me if this is safe or not. Any suggestions would be a great help for me.
Janette :javascript:emoticon('8)')
Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Janette,

We stopped in Barca 4 yrs ago and we sail again from there on 11th August.
I too was told that we should be wary when we were there and went, filled with trepidation. However, if, as we did, you take sensible precautions you should be fine. It's the same as any other big city. When on Ramblas take care of your purse as there are pickpockets about, just as anywhere else. "Haggling" in some of the shops down Rambla, is expected!

We had a wonderful time in Barca and we are really looking forward to our return.Make sure you go to the Gaudi cathedral and climb the steps, it is a wonderful sight from the top (if you can do heights!!).

Opposite, there is a small stall selling drinks and it is a super place to people watch. There is usually some sort of street entertainment on there too.

The port area is worth a visit, with bars and shopping available.

Not sure if it is your cup of tea, but my son and I will be paying a visit to the Nou Camp Stadium, home top Barcelona Football Club.

Have a wonderful time when you are there and be worry and stress free. There are bad folk everywhere, but they are far outweighed by the good.

The train journey is pain free and doesn't take very long. A taxi is about 25 euros.

Old July 15th, 2007, 06:52 PM

Dear Mark,
Thank you very much for your help, and since you are going to be there again soon if it's not too much to ask, please share your experiences with me and others when you return from your trip next month. I am eager to learn about Barcelona vicariously through someone who has been there, because I think it has the truth values that can not be found from the facts in travel guides. Anyhow, I wish you a wonderful trip.

barcelona, carribean, crouise, cruise, hotel, hotels, july, post, pre, royal, stay, tip, tips, visiting, wheretostayprecruiseinbarcelona