Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to cmom
Default What jeep excursion ? what island?

My husband and I are getting to do one island with out our kids and we have decided to do the jeep excursion. Does anyone have an island they recomend or and excursion they have been on they recomend? I would love any help.

Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize, Grand Cayman
12/08/07
Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Passenger

We have been to Cozumel numerous times and love renting a jeep and cruising around the island. There is a road that cuts right through the island. YOu can then rid e along the coast to the state park. We are cruising on the Mariner on 12/16 with two other families and we are all planning on renting jeeps.

"Wherever you go, there you are."
Old July 18th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Passenger

is this something you do on your own or do as an excurision from the ship. They mostly include the snorkeling that we dont want to do. We would rather explore more of the island.
Old July 18th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Passenger

We always just rent a jeep when we get off the ship. There rental agencies at the peir. If you want to snorkal you can drive to the state park and rent equipment. Exploring on your own in Cozumel is very fun.

Old July 19th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Passenger

would you be willing to let me know an idea of what the rentals go for. PRICE I mean. do they have maps or anything to help you get to some must see places. This sounds like a great idea but I would hate to get handed over keys and and told to just go. Price is also a big thing determining what we do. We are able to do one tour and I want it to be extra great.
Old July 19th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Passenger

I just asked my wif and I think we paid somewhere around $70 - $80 plus gas. They do have maps as well. Cozumel is probably the easiest island to navigate. one road runs all along the coast and another cuts the island in half.

Old July 20th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Passenger

thats not bad at all. was therea time limit or you can keep all day for the 80. was gas out of this world. Im sure it is but the price of the rental and gas with the freedom to do what you want is still cheaper then the tour fro two people. thanks for this info.,
Old July 20th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Passenger

Given the fact that it looks like you will be cruising in Dec. It will get darker sooner. Thus, you probably would be back to the ship at a reasonable hour anyway. With that being said, yes you can drive the jeep all day. Gas was not too crazy. All said and done you will probably drive no more than 50 miles given the fact that the island is not that big. THe other part we like is you can rent a 5 speed if you like. That to me makes the ride more fun.

Old July 20th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Passenger

On that itinerary, with only 1 excursion, it would have to be Sting Ray City/Sandbar in Grand Cayman for me.
Old July 21st, 2007, 08:23 PM
Passenger

We did the jeep tour in Cayman & it was great. Driving on the wrong side of the road was really fun. Went to hell on that trip & that was cool.