Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 20th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Beginner

Default What about the suites facing the rear of the ship?

Ok, we've decided to DO IT and booked our first cruise - thanks for the commentary to my other posts as we try to figure all this cruise stuff out!

We've booked a Jr Suite on the Serenade of the Seas which is on the side, but there was a room at the very back, facing the back which had a significantly bigger balcony. There are only 4 rooms back there & it seemed to me like it might be kinda cool, but my husband thinks that perhaps it could be louder back there (engines or something?), and no breeze because you face the rear?

Anyone know anything about these rooms facing the back? Pros/Cons, etc?

Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Old July 20th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Admiral

Default Re: What about the suites facing the rear of the ship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcocat
Ok, we've decided to DO IT and booked our first cruise - thanks for the commentary to my other posts as we try to figure all this cruise stuff out!

We've booked a Jr Suite on the Serenade of the Seas which is on the side, but there was a room at the very back, facing the back which had a significantly bigger balcony. There are only 4 rooms back there & it seemed to me like it might be kinda cool, but my husband thinks that perhaps it could be louder back there (engines or something?), and no breeze because you face the rear?

Anyone know anything about these rooms facing the back? Pros/Cons, etc?

Thanks!!!
For many cruisers, myself included, the aft suites and balcony cabins are the much preferred cabins. You won't hear the engines, because these cabins are on the upper decks, well away from the engine room which is deep in the hull, probably anywhere from 7 to 10 decks away. The corner balcony cabins are the really fabulous ones! They have wrap around balconies that are much larger in size than the normal balcony. You can move to the side to feel the breeze, or stay in the back and your able to see the ocean on both sides of the ship!

We have an aft/corner Jr. Suite with a wrap around balcony booked on the Vision OTS for our Alaska cruise in September!

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old July 21st, 2007, 11:50 AM
Beginner

Thanks so much for your post! Based on your comments, we've changed our reservation to a back corner suite that was availalbe - they said it has wrap around windows, too! We're very excited!!!
Old July 21st, 2007, 09:07 PM
Passenger

We had a cabin on the back of the ship & loved it. We had to chaise loungers as well as 2 chairs & table. The ships wake is my favorite view.
Old July 21st, 2007, 09:31 PM
First Mate

Aft is the way to go........if you are luck enough to get one.. you will always want it. They do have chaise lounge's on the aft balcony and they are much bigger.......Aft is like having your own little space on a ship. Wonderful, you will enjoy it.