CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   All-Inclusive Price -- What do you think about the cost? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/336812-all-inclusive-price-what-do-you-think-about-cost.html)

sharon_psu July 24th, 2007 09:32 PM

All-Inclusive Price -- What do you think about the cost?

Hello, Fellow Cruisemates -

I wanted to get your opinion on an all-inclusive price that our TA gave us for next year's 8-Night Caribbean cruise on Explorer of the Seas, departing May 9th.

The rates he gave us are per person, based on double occupancy, and include the all inclusive drink package (beer, wine, mixed drinks, soda), port charges, taxes and transportation to the pier, which is via bus since we're only 2 hours away. The only cost not included are tips.

Prices are: Interior $1429, Oceanview $1459, Balcony $1629.

The catch is that everyone must pay this amount even though some people aren't big drinkers.

What's your opinion?

Thanks in advance for the feedback...
Sharon

Kuki July 24th, 2007 10:20 PM

The prices for that cruise on the RCI web site are

$1,029.00 $1,219.00 $1,399.00

I knew Carnival offered a "drink package" for groups (with everyone in the group having to buy the package), but didn't know RCI is offering the same thing.

I would double check that he's not just talking about RCI's wine and dine package (which I do know about).

Other than the price for inside cabins, if the other prices are "truly" all inclusive, the price for the other categories doesn't seem too bad.
Just double check the limitations of the drink package!!!!

blueliner July 25th, 2007 12:05 AM

That's a new one! I wasn't aware RCCL had any kind of all inclusive drink package except for the soda cards at $6 per day and a wine package for dinner. If RCCL has instituted an all inclusive drink package, you'd think they would've marketed that all over! Is this for a group or for individual cruisers?

sharon_psu July 25th, 2007 08:32 AM

Kuki ---- As per our TA - the drink package does include beer, wine and mixed drinks. However, if you wanted the bartender to use "top shelve" brands the cost would be extra. So I'll have to forgo the Grey Goose and settle for Absolut.

Blueliner --- This is for a group. My TA said we could purchase the all-inclusive beverage package if we sold at least 10 cabins, which we did.

Thank you for your comments!

thecruisequeen July 25th, 2007 08:38 AM

I think those rates are on the high side.

My cruise TA rates for that sailing
are 967 inside/1117 oceanview/1267 bal

I was not aware of a drinks included deal on RCCL just the wine package.

If you are a big drinker then those rates are ok but if you are not I would shop around.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sharon_psu July 25th, 2007 09:38 AM

Here's some more information from my TA:

The package is only available for groups from approved travel agencies. The open bar program is exactly that, there are minor limitations; wine is only available by the glass, beer can only be served 1 at a time (no buckets on other promotional packages) and certain high end liquors are not included.

Most of us are pretty good drinkers...maybe not as good as our friend Dave the Wave...but we try. Those friends who I travel with frequently have an average bar bill (for a 7-night cruise) anywhere from $700-$1500/couple.

Yes, we're cruise alcoholics....LOL!

thecruisequeen July 25th, 2007 10:18 AM

:shock:
then that is a great deal book it.

:D :D :D :D :D