Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Beginner

Default Tips on decorating a stateroom

Hello Fellow (romantic) Cruisers,

I am going on a 4 night cruise next month with my partner. We are on a budget so we got an inside stateroom. Do you have any tips on how I can make the stateroom romantic?

Can we burn candles? (This seems a bit risky so if you have any suggestions on ambiance let me know

Also, if you have any other tips I'm all ears.

Thanks much!!!
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Tips on decorating a stateroom

tiyanjane,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Hello Fellow (romantic) Cruisers,

I am going on a 4 night cruise next month with my partner. We are on a budget so we got an inside stateroom. Do you have any tips on how I can make the stateroom romantic?

Can we burn candles? (This seems a bit risky so if you have any suggestions on ambiance let me know

Also, if you have any other tips I'm all ears.

Thanks much!!!
You can get flowers from the florist onboard.

That said, the most romantic place on a ship is anyplace where you can stand at the rail looking out at the stars -- which generally means either a place where the lights are not excessively bright or are directed well downward so that you don't see them.

The International Regulations for Prevention of Collisions at Sea actually require that white lights on deck at night be used only where absolutely necessary and then shielded from view of other ships because they can interfere with visibility of a ship's running lights, but cruise ships and passenger ferries unfortunately do not even attempt to comply with this provision. Thus, you might have to hunt for a spot. Generally speaking, lights are less of a problem all the way forward over the bridge, all the way aft on the weather decks, and, on some ships, on the promenades.

Norm.
Old July 25th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Beginner

Cool Thanks! I'll definitely hunt for a place on deck with low lights so we can see the stars. (However it's hurricane season so hopefully we'll get some clear skies). I won't take any lights on deck to be on the safe side.
Old July 28th, 2007, 05:14 AM
Passenger

Candles are not allowed, they are a fire hazard. Here is a quote off the RC web site:
Prohibited Items Items with Heating Elements or Open Flames Certain items that generate heat or produce an open flame are not permitted on ship. This includes clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. (Curling irons and hair dryers are allowed.)

A fire at sea is extremely risky, when you're out in the middle of nowhere, you have nowhere to go to get away from it.

Sorry to put a damper on you plans but it allways better to be safe!
Old August 1st, 2007, 12:25 PM
Beginner

For our anniversary cruise last year, I took some photographs from other fun vacations in frames to set out on the vanity area. (might want to remove the glass before packing them) Also, your favorite scent in a plug-in-nightlight, and if you're adventurous, shower gell is quite fun. I also took several greeting cards and slipped them under his pillow each day (our steward even made up the bed with them still there if dh hadn't retrieved that day's card). Exploring the ship to find your way all the way to the bow and getting blasted by the wind was nice. Several couples were there, but no kids. Late sitting for dinner has fewer children. And room service breakfast ("free") with champagne or bloody marys (bar prices) is a great way to start the day. Or go back to your cabin and order room service dessert late night? And have your photo taken together every chance you can (ship photographers and by other cruisers) to increase chances of a great pic to be displayed to remind you of another set of happy memories when you get home.
Old August 1st, 2007, 04:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

You could have the room decorated. If you look on RCI's website for the decorations, they give the pricing.

I just did this for my BF for his b-day last week on Sovereign. Photo's aren't up yet on the photo gallery, but I'll post them there. Plus they put a big sign on your door. It was a good surprise!!

Serenade of the Seas - '05
Sovereign of the Seas - '07
Old August 1st, 2007, 07:15 PM
First Mate

Default "fake" candles & post it notes

I've only seen the pretend candles on display at Brookstone- little lites that glow thru what appears as a candle- perhaps it is worth bringing?
I also like it when I find unexpected post it notes with little thoughts on them-- inside a drawer, shower wall, just random...
hope this idea sparks ideas.
Carnival Destiny June 2001, July 2005
NCL Southward June 1985 Honeymoon!