CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Formal nights on the Mariner of the Seas (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/336978-formal-nights-mariner-seas.html)

Dianeteach68 July 27th, 2007 11:15 PM

Formal nights on the Mariner of the Seas

I was really beginning to think that trying to find out when the second formal night was had become an exercise in futility.

Finally, after speaking to no less than 4 people from reservations, shore excurions and customer service all of whom were delightful, I chanced upon an agent who actually looked it up! Thanks, Greg.

The nights are September 10 and September 14

September 10 does not pose a problem, but if you have booked a lengthy shore excursion in Cozumel and early seating, you may want to review it again. What still puzzles me is that we are in port until 7PM.

Oh, well. I will just have to forego the ruins and find something different that does not take a great amount of time in Cozumel. Any suggestions.

Thanks all,
Diane

ragtiki2005 July 28th, 2007 12:56 AM

Why not just change to the late sitting? I also have it and really enjoy a litttle nap that the time allows before dinner. Bob

wraithe July 28th, 2007 10:53 AM

Hey, I hope that RCL customer service didn't steer you wrong, I found a link that I posted in your other thread that showed a Compass with the second formal night after you leave Grand Cayman which would be the 13th, that makes a lot more sense, you leave Grand Cayman at 4:00, so making dinner wouldn't be a problem. Just a thought. Good luck.

Dianeteach68 July 28th, 2007 12:14 PM

wraithe

I know. I read your response and immediately looked at the shore excursion that I booked for Grand Cayman.

Something told me to call RCL, however, and one agent said Day 5, but the other agent Greg said no, Day 6 - this continues to be a nightmare for me. As a woman, I need a certain amount of time to get ready, but my husband doubles that!

I am in a state of giving up -

I called everyone I can think of to no avail, other than calling and speaking to the Captain who I guess makes the decision.

Thanks again.
Diane

wraithe July 28th, 2007 12:44 PM

Re: wraithe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dianeteach68
I know. I read your response and immediately looked at the shore excursion that I booked for Grand Cayman.

Something told me to call RCL, however, and one agent said Day 5, but the other agent Greg said no, Day 6 - this continues to be a nightmare for me. As a woman, I need a certain amount of time to get ready, but my husband doubles that!

I am in a state of giving up -

I called everyone I can think of to no avail, other than calling and speaking to the Captain who I guess makes the decision.

Thanks again.
Diane

Not only do I understand about the husband taking longer, I resemble that remark after all. Trouble is, you call three people at RCL CS, and get three totally different answers. If you'd like, I will ask some folks that have done that cruise recently and see if they remember which night it was, if you've decided to give up, and just see what happens, I understand that, too. Let me know.
Happy cruising,
wraithe

Irish Shark July 28th, 2007 12:47 PM

7 night cruise? If so, I find it hard to fathom a formal night on a port day.

After looking at the Intin, I would say 9.14.07.

mateli July 28th, 2007 01:10 PM

Hi Diane!
Your first formal night is on Monday,the second one will be on Saturday.
It is always on sea days. Mateli

Irish Shark July 28th, 2007 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mateli
Your first formal night is on Monday,the second one will be on Saturday.
It is always on sea days.

That si what I initally thought. However that day is the last night on the ship. Kind of a odd day to have it on.

wraithe July 28th, 2007 01:21 PM

Hey Dianne, this is from someone who just came home from the July 15th sailing on Mariner:

Code:

Second formal was Thursday. The Cayman day.
Hope that helps finalize your plans.
Good luck,
wraithe

Dianeteach68 July 28th, 2007 05:46 PM

Thank you very much

wraithe,

Thank you very much for your help. As I have said, I am not as concerned for myself, but my husband is a fanatic about how he dresses and how much time he is allowed.

It just amazes me that RCL does not have the information up front...

Thanks again,
Diane