Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to sirobin171
Default What do you guys think of Adventure of the seas?

I just booked my next cruise yesterday on RCCL on their Southern Carib cruise on Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan Sept 2.

I have been on Majesty and Sovereign of the seas, but I dont really consider those two ships as part of the newer RCCL family, am I going to see a big difference?

I have been on Carnival two times on 7 day cruises, I suspect other than the state room being smaller this should be very similiar? I mean I know Carnival has more of a Vegas style atmosphere, but other than that its apples to apples, right?

Thx
Rob
Old July 29th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Admiral

I've been on the Majesty OTS twice and the Mariner OTS (sister ship to the Adventure OTS) and you will see a big difference between these ships. The staterooms on the Voyager class ships are larger and layed out better, obviously with the Voyager being 138,000 GRT, there are a lot more amenities and stuff to do along with many more food, sports and activities options. The Royal Promenade is really cool, and the ice rink is awesome.

That being said, I still favor the smaller and more intimate Majesty OTS, especially after her refurbishment.

I'm hoping to cruise on the Adventure OTS to the southern Caribbean next October, but I still have yet to talk my wife into it.

I cannot speak to the difference between RCI and Carnival yet, my first Carnival cruise is coming this October on the Carnival Liberty, right after we get back from the Vision OTS Alaska!

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old July 29th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Rob.....You will love AOS.....we sailed on it last October and the ship had a lot to offer, and the interior of the ship is beautiful, and we had a such a blast. The only complaint I had was we only had one day at sea which gave us limited time to do experience everything. Don't miss their ice shows, they were awesome to watch, amazing what they can do while the ship is at sea! Feel free to ask any questions. I posted many pictures in the photo gallery, you can use the website below to view, just copy and paste into your browser. Enjoy your cruise!

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/view.php?id=3219
CCL: Celebration 5/07
Crown Princess 10/07

Free Cruise Clocks
Old July 30th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to sirobin171

OK I do have some specific questions

I think this ship sails the same to routes all year, which set of islands did you go to? We are going to the Aruba itinerary, if you went there how is it?

We booked a balcony, if I read correctly this ship is different then some of the other ships in that it has metal balcony walls instead of the clear glass wall you can see thru , is this true?

How was the food, any thing we should avoid?

Did they have a comedian and was he/she any good?

Thx
Rob
Old July 30th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Rob....The itinerary was a little different last year. We went to Barbados which was great, we did a horseback riding tour, than we went to St. Lucia....this was our 2nd time there, went to a great beach for the day, than we went to Antigua....very dirty island, didn't feel safe there....in fact one of our dining mates had her purse stolen while in port. Our next port was St. Maarten, we traveled to the French side to Orient Beach, and than to St. Thomas 2nd time there, and went to Megans Bay. We went to Aruba in 2001, and we had a great time, actually Aruba is my favorite island. If you love the beach and like being around alot of beach front hotels and water, you should check Palm Beach out, it's the best in Aruba. We are going on Crown Princess in October and we have the opportunity to re-visit Aruba, can't wait! The food on AOS was great, our waiter was awesome...if you wanted two or three of something he would bring it....even if you didn't want something he would bring it to you if he thought you should try it. Deck 5 is great, they have a nice sports bar, and on this deck they have Ben & Jerry's ice-cream parlor and the ships shops, great deck to explore. Everything about the ship we loved, great staff and service, and wonderful entertainment. The ice shows are amazing as well as the broadway shows....didn't see the comedian but we heard it was a good show. Feel free to ask anything else, if I can answer I will help. Take care and happy cruising!

Jessie
CCL: Celebration 5/07
Crown Princess 10/07

Free Cruise Clocks