Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Beginner

Default eastern caribbean oct 28,

i booked the oct 28th marner of the seas over a year ago, now i am finding online that the gay community has chose this cruise for there yearly cruise.
http://www.mygayweb.com/cruises/sailing/?SailID=263

not that i am homophobic but it is my honeymoon and i want to know if everything on this cruise will be orented to them, and will my wife and i feel out of place? are there many other couples that are also going that we will not feel like outcasts.

thanks for the help.
ballistic
Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2007, 07:07 AM
First Mate

Since it is not a charter, all activities will not be geared to the group and there should be plenty of people, gay and straight, for you and your wife to hang out with. Call RCI, they should be able to give you an idea of how large this group is if that is a major concern.

You'll enjoy the Mariner!

Old July 30th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Admiral

Find out the number of passengers on the gay cruise to see if indeed most of the activities will be tailored to their wishes. NCL last year was used by Rosie O'Donnell for a gay cruise and everyone who had prior reservations had them cancelled. This cruise looks like it is pretty much a sellout and the entertainment is listed as being gay themed so I would guess that you will feel out of place.
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old August 4th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Passenger

I am booked on the same cruise with my hubby, daughter 4, and parents celebrating their 40th anniversary. I e-mailed the travel agent from the link you posted. He informed me that there are 400 booked through GayWeb. At first I was really concerned that it would be rowdy, but then again, I don't see why it would be.

But it is only 400 of about 3300, which is little more than 10%. It isn't a chartered cruise. It's just too much trouble to change all the reservations -- car rentals, hotels, air. And I'm sure there would be penalties. It seems they are holding their own private events, costume balls, comedians, etc. That's all the info. I have.