Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2007, 02:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default kings wharf

Has any one been to kings wharf and what are the better excursions to do IE, tours, scuba diving ETC.Any info anyone has would be helpful. I heard about some ice caves. Any good?

Carnival Legend:Western Caribbean
RCCL - Explorer of the seas: Bermuda - April 08
NCL - Spirit: Eastern Caribbean - April 07
Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2007, 10:19 PM
First Mate

More info would be appreciated................
Old July 31st, 2007, 10:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Joe,
You can do all your excursions on your own by public transportation.You can go to the library and get either Frommers or Ferdor book on Bermuda,read up on the island and you can set your trip.
You can buy a bus pass and it is good for any bus or ferry.
Old August 1st, 2007, 09:08 AM
Admiral

Public transportation is the way to go in Bermuda. I totally agree with pop66ma, go to the library or check out the travel guides on line.
some suggestions: Horseshoe Beach,botantical gardens, the caves are very interesting.
Old August 1st, 2007, 11:39 AM
Beginner

We stayed over on Bermuda after the Newport-Bermuda (sailboat) Race. Cab drivers are great! Our favorite activity other than developing a taste for "dark and stormy" drinks was renting mopeds and exploring the old railroad trail. If you're members of a club with reciprocity, the Royal Bermuda Yacht Club is beautiful and very freindly for a club. The Hog Penny is a fun pub in the old town.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 08:45 PM
Familiar Face

There are no ice caves that I am aware of. There are two regular caves that can be reached by bus. I have done a glass bottom boat excursion which is nice. However, I agree with other postings. You can't beat the transportaion system. Take a ferry to Hamilton. Hit Horsheshoe Bay. In Bermuda, you can't miss.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:46 PM
Admiral

Horseshoe Beach is much nicer than Elbow Beach. You can do a short climb up the rock formation and get a good view of the beach.
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old August 4th, 2007, 12:16 AM
First Mate

Is it Horseshow beach or bay
Old August 4th, 2007, 12:18 AM
First Mate

.....And how far is that from where the ship docks at.......is elbow closer then horseshow? And where do you get the glass bottom boat at from the pier and where can I get a price on this at and time frame..

Thank you.
Old August 4th, 2007, 12:20 AM
First Mate

What is the difference from Horseshow or Elbow beach........please can somone elaborate.......
Old August 4th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Familiar Face

Regarding the difference between Horseshoe and Elbow. Horseshoe is much nicer. There is a changing station/bathroom, small grill for food, and small area to buy items. It is also possible to rent Snorkel equipment although I would suggest you take your own. Also, don't forget to take an underwater camera. Horseshoe Bay is more enclosed although not a small cove by any means. There are rock areas that you can snorkel by. Climb onto the rocks for a spectacular view. Elbow is more of an open beach with two private hotel beaches on both sides. Finding a restroom is difficult as there are no public facilities. From the Dockyard, you would reach Horseshoe first. It is a good walk to the bottom of Horseshoe where the beach actually is. Locals will be there offereing to drive you to the bottom or back to the top for $1. It is well worth the money.

If you want to do a glass bottom boat, I would recommend buying as excursion from the cruiseline. You actually walk right off the cruise ship to the area where you load for the glass bottom boat.

Feel free to ask any other questions. Heading to Bermuda for my 5th time in 2 weeks!!!
Old August 4th, 2007, 10:53 AM
First Mate

HI there!

We were diverted to Bermuda on our first cruise, but we were glad we were!!

My hubby and brother in law did the excursion I have listed below.

Destination: Bermuda

Port/City: Hamilton, Bermuda

Activity Type:
Wilderness & Wildlife Tours | Sightseeing & City Tours

Approximate Duration: 3 hour(s)

Prices starting from:
*70.00 USD (Adult)
*50.00 USD (Child)
*0.00 USD (Infant)

Restrictions: N/A

*Prices shown above are representative. Dates, times and prices are subject to change. To purchase a Shore & Land Excursion, you must already have a reservation number for a cruise or Alaska Cruisetour and have made a payment towards that reservation. Shore & Land Excursions must be purchased in the same currency as your cruise or Alaska Cruisetour reservation. Exchange rates are determined by a competitive pricing program and may be subject to change without notice. All monetary exchanges onboard are processed in U.S. Dollars directly to your SeaPass onboard charge account unless otherwise specified.

Aquarium, Caves & Attraction Bus Tour

Board an air-conditioned bus for a sightseeing tour of Hamilton with stops at Crystal Caves and the Bermuda Aquarium, Museum & Zoo. To view the caves requires walking down eighty-one steps. Participants should wear comfortable, rubber soled shoes
Ready to reserve this excursion?

They took our movie camera and got some great movies of the Crystal Caves.!! They were a gorgeous site!!

I hope this helps you

Comet Cruiser
Gail

Old August 11th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Passenger

We just returned from a cruise to Bermuda The best excursion we did was not thru the cruiseline but I booked by calling before. It was a snorkeling trip through
Jessie James Cruises

6 Glen Court
Warwick PG01
Bermuda
Phone: 1-441-236-4804
Fax: 1-441-236-6259
E-Mail: jessiejames@northrock.bm
www.jessiejames.bm

It was $65 and well worth it. I called the Friday before we went and they even picked us up at the dock right by our ship in Kings Wharf