Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Difference between Diamond and Concierge Lounge

Am Diamond and I see that on the Liberty there is a separate lounge for Diamond members. What is the difference between this lounge and regular Concierge--other than perhaps you can only enter if you are Diamond? Same benefits in terms of drinks, etc? Expanded hours, etc??
Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Yeoman

The Diamond lounge is the new lounge for Diamond/+ guests and the conceierge lounge is for suite guests. If you are diamond in a suite, you can use both. But if you are in a suite and not diamond, you can only use the concierge lounge and if diamond not in a suite, you can only use the diamond lounge.
Old August 11th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Fitla-thanks...is it basically the same as far as drinks and open hours etc? Also, it looks liek the Diamond lounge has windows to look at the ocean and the concierge does not on the Liberty--according to the virtual tour.

Anyone been on the Diamond lounge on Liberty? Crowded?
Old August 11th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi !
Concierge lounge is the place for Diamond and+ to go there anytime during the day and before dinner for a drink and hot or cold hors d'oeuvres.Coffee whenever you want or tea.But no kids. You will get a special key to enter.Mateli
Old August 11th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtown
Fitla-thanks...is it basically the same as far as drinks and open hours etc? Also, it looks liek the Diamond lounge has windows to look at the ocean and the concierge does not on the Liberty--according to the virtual tour.

Anyone been on the Diamond lounge on Liberty? Crowded?
Yes, the Diamond Lounge is up at the top with windows and the CL does not. And yes, you get drinks for happy hour like the CL etc. Pretty much the same as the CL but for Diamond/+ members only.
Old August 11th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateli
Hi !
Concierge lounge is the place for Diamond and+ to go there anytime during the day and before dinner for a drink and hot or cold hors d'oeuvres.Coffee whenever you want or tea.But no kids. You will get a special key to enter.Mateli
The OP was asking about the difference between the CL and the Diamond Lounge on Freedom Class ships. On other ships, the CL is for Diamond/+ guests AND suite guests (GS and above). But on Freedom class ships, CL is for Suite Guests only and the new Diamond Lounge is for Diamond/+ guests.
Old August 11th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Fitla-have you been in the Diamond Lounge on either Freedom or Liberty and if so, is it crowded? Seems like a good alternative vs. concierge because that can get crowded and you have all runs of the mills w/ anyone that rents a Grand Suite and higher. At least the Diamond may offer some seperation.
Old August 11th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Fitla-have you been in the Diamond Lounge on either Freedom or Liberty and if so, is it crowded? Seems like a good alternative vs. concierge because that can get crowded and you have all runs of the mills w/ anyone that rents a Grand Suite and higher. At least the Diamond may offer some seperation.
Have been on Freedom, but not in the Diamond lounge. I had friends who were there, and said depending on how many diamond/+ members were on board it could still get crowded. Seems bigger than the CL though. But at least it will never be AS crowded since Suite guests are not allowed in. Enjoy!
Old August 11th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Admiral

I enjoyed the Diamond Lounge on the Freedom OTS in Sept. '06. We had the early dinner seating so I went in before dinner. As I recall it was not crowded but I would say it was a moderate crowd. Mostly couples. Maybe Six or seven. It was nice.
Old August 12th, 2007, 12:36 PM
First Mate

I sailed on Freedom in Feb. 07 in a Grand Suite and I'm a Diamond Member (23 cruises w/Royal). Both lounges are the same in terms of food, free booze, coffee and hours. The difference (as noted above) is that the CL is for Grand Suite guests and above and the Diamond Lounge is for only Diamond Level folks. The only difference between the two is that CL has movies that you can borrow for the DVD players that are located in the Grand Suites and above.

As for the "run of the mill" suite comment above, I'm not sure what that was supposed to mean, being both Diamond and a person who travels in Grand and Owners Suites, I would not make a generalization that folks who are getting Grand Suites and above are "run of the mill".

Either way, it's really nice to have access to one or both. The only complaint I got was from a Diamond member in a Junior Suite where it was physically "closer" to walk to the CL than go to the Diamond Lounge from their cabin and they disliked the fact that they couldn't just use both.

The cong. in the CL was awesome on our cruise, he had emailed me 4 weeks prior to the cruise to introduce himself and communicate that he would be able to assist me and my party in a number of areas he can prepare prior to our arrival. For instance, we wanted to play golf in a port and the shore excursion was not available online to book, as such, he booked it for us and made spa appointments first thing in the morning when the cruise turned over in the computer, ensuring we obtained the tour and spa times. In addition, I was with a party of 15 and he booked us a reservation at CHOPS for when we wanted prior to our arrival. He also called the cabin every day or so to check-in to see if he could provide any further assistance, really first class service!
Old August 12th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Seems like a good alternative vs. concierge because that can get crowded and you have all runs of the mills w/ anyone that rents a Grand Suite and higher.
And I thought the Diamonds were the run of the mills