Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

For what I look for in a cruise, I've always found with Royal Caribbean, I'm with you too :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 1st, 2007, 07:01 PM
Familiar Face

TO DAVE THE WAVE, WHEN IN APRIL ARE YOU SAILING? WE ARE TOO. APRIL 27TH WE LEAVE OUT OF FLORIDA. QUINCY
rccl explorer 2007
Old December 2nd, 2007, 12:02 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to bobdbest

So I have a vent. I just went on the Monarch of the Seas and did the Mexico cruise. By far not the best Royal Cruise I have been on but for the amount spent I feel like I got what I paid for. My problem came the last day. I had purchased a tour in LA with the Airport drop off. I bought them on the internet and they were delivered to my room with the other tickets. I stated on them to go to the conference room on the last day at 8 am. So come 8 am there is no one there but us and another couple that it looking for the same person we were. We were also waiting for Brown luggage tags to be called. Come 8 am we go down the the Customer service and tell the girl there. She looks it up and says its been canceled. I said well when were we going to know about it? She said well it was put on your bill as a refund. I said I got this bill this morning when I opened my door and it fell on the ground. Plus it doesn't say in any detail what it is. Plus still it was this morning. Can we get on the other buses? She called the activities Manager Clifford over who said it was canceled due to not enough people on the tour. He said didn't you get the letter? I said what letter. What did it say? He said well we left a message on your phone yesterday. I said there was no message on my phone. I would have seen a red light when we called for the wake up call or when we went to bed in the dark room. He said I have the recording. I said ok so can you put us on the other tour? He said there is no room. I said you can't do anything? He said in the booklet you got it says we can cancel tours at anything. You can take a shuttle or taxi. Were done here and walked away. I followed him and said wait this isn't the type of customer service your company is advertising. I would like to see a copy of the letter and hear the recording you have. You keep telling me you have proof I was notified of this and I would like to see it. He then went to a girl at customer service and whispered to her. So he was either calling Security on me or having me black listed from RCCL. He said I was there when the girl called your phone and left you the message. Take a shuttle or taxi. Brown was the first color called. I said no white was I believe. Brown hasn't been called. I said well your just giving me the run around and before I got angry I left my cruise on a sour note. I got lucky and was able to take an earlier flight home.
Old December 2nd, 2007, 09:32 PM
Admiral

I am going on my second and third RCCL cruise in February. I went on VOS in 2003 but was with the wrong person (ex-husband) and couldn't really enjoy the cruise. What a dud to vacation with :evil: .

Am doing a b2b double header this time as a solo. First leg is on NOTS and then on to the Majesty. Four days each.

I usually cruise Carnival but in surfing the web, noticed that RCCL had great (spell that "better") prices. The nerve of RCCL to lure me away from Carnival.

I will never forget the level of service on the VOTS. I loved, loved, loved the service on that ship and am very excited about doing this double header.

I am soooo angry at RCCL for making me this excited. It is not fair. Just not fair

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)