CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Royal Caribbean 4-night Baja Mexico cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/338305-royal-caribbean-4-night-baja-mexico-cruise.html)

Nancyjw August 19th, 2007 07:00 PM

Royal Caribbean 4-night Baja Mexico cruise

Anyone ever done the 4-night Baja Mexico cruise on Royal Caribbean? The one that goes out of Los Angeles then to San Diego, Catalina Island, Ensenada, Mexico? We are considering it. I saw somewhere the Monarch of the Seas was referred to as a "party ship. " My SO and I are in our 50's and not real partiers.

yellosno August 19th, 2007 07:30 PM

have done the 4-night Baja four times. It was always fun, but generally, the shorter the cruise the younger the crowd. If you go during spring break, you are asking for a party. It looks like you are coming from outside of California. That is a long way to go for a four night cruise. Consider a seven night.

blueliner August 19th, 2007 11:00 PM

Re: Royal Caribbean 4-night Baja Mexico cruise

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nancyjw
Anyone ever done the 4-night Baja Mexico cruise on Royal Caribbean? The one that goes out of Los Angeles then to San Diego, Catalina Island, Ensenada, Mexico? We are considering it. I saw somewhere the Monarch of the Seas was referred to as a "party ship. " My SO and I are in our 50's and not real partiers.

The Vision of the Seas does a real nice 7-night Mexican Riviera cruise out of LA with stops in Cabo, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. This cruise would be much more appropriate for you in my opinion.

Organic August 20th, 2007 02:03 PM

Definite party ship. I just got back from it and was pissed drunk every night and had an average 4 hours of sleep =). At breakfast and lunch everyone under 30 complained about their headache. I believe theres a vision of the seas that has the same itinerary though.

Tauruschick August 21st, 2007 06:03 PM

My mom took me and 3 of my friends (all seniors in high school) on the Monarch last year. It was a great cruise. We're not from California and so we all really enjoyed seeing Catalina, San Diego and Ensenada.
However, the cruise was a little short. The 7 night Vision itinerary looks nice, and I believe that the Mariner of the Seas is heading to the West Coast to do the same itinerary that the Vision is doing. You may want to consider that as an option, too.

Nancyjw August 22nd, 2007 07:54 PM

Thanks for all your input guys - apparently I was the only one on the planet who didn't realize that the short cruises are party cruises. We are now contemplating another 7-day cruise, SO and I just have to decide on one.