Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Passenger

Default Rock Climbing Wall and Ice Skating Rink

We have cruised Princess several times and love it. However, this time we are bringing our daughters who are in their 20's and this will be their first cruise. They are very interested in the rock climbing wall and ice skating rink. Will they get to use both enough to make it worthwhile for us to try Royal Caribbean? We are thinking about Mariner leaving from Port Canaveral on 1/6/2008 for Eastern Caribbean. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

There will be plenty of time for your daughters to use the rock-climbing wall. At times it can be busy where they may have to wait in line....but it's well worth the wait...not only is it adventurous...but the view is amazing once you reach the top!

There are certain times while on board where there are different times throughout they day when there is open-skating..it's not offered every day but there are so many other things to do on board when ice-skating isn't offered. Also don't miss the ice-skatng shows...they are incrediable! The shows are free but you must pick up your "free" tickets at the Pursers Desk ahead of time because they only give out so many tickets to accomodate the seating in the theaters.

Another great RC ship is Adventure of the Sea...the only down-fall is you have to fly into San Juan where it sails out of...but the ports are wonderful! Enjoy your cruise!

Jessie
CCL: Celebration 5/07
Crown Princess 10/07

Free Cruise Clocks
Old August 27th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Passenger

Thank you so much Jessie. I am feeling better already.
Bobbie
Old August 27th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Bobbie...Your welcome!!! That's what all of us are here for...if not to get our own questions answered but to help others with theirs. This board has been very helpful to me and I am grateful. Have a great trip!

Jessie
CCL: Celebration 5/07
Crown Princess 10/07

Free Cruise Clocks
Old August 27th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Passenger

When they climb they need to have socks and dry clothes no wet tshirts over suits......best time is when they are in port and people are gone..ice skating is fun but watch the time no skating on days of the show...Been on mariner 3 times...You'll LOVE! Becky the cruise director LOVE.....you'll get it later
Old August 27th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Passenger

Thank you so much. Not sure if they would have remembered socks.
Old August 27th, 2007, 11:30 PM
First Mate

Both are a joke. Little time for either at sea. Who wants to stay on the ship in port? Limited schedule for both don't let these 2 items be the major reason for taking a particular cruise. destination and affordability should be paramount
2004 "Glory"
2004"Victory"
2007 "Liberty"
2007" Explorer of the Seas
2009 "Valor"
2009 "Fascination"
2011 " Pride"
2014 "Adventure of the Seas"
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlauntz
Both are a joke. Little time for either at sea. Who wants to stay on the ship in port? Limited schedule for both don't let these 2 items be the major reason for taking a particular cruise. destination and affordability should be paramount
Actually, they're not a joke if that's what you enjoy doing! It's true that there is little time for the ice skating, but the rock climbing wall is open most of the time, and many, many people love it! 8)
I rarely leave the ship when in port,,,,the ship is the holiday that I enjoy, rather than seeing ports again, that I've seen over, and over again. The ship is wonderful when everyone else is ashore. I can have any lounge chair I want, don't have to wait in line at the buffet, and can spend as much time relaxing and enjoying the hot tubs as I wish. To each his own.

Ken
Old September 3rd, 2007, 05:33 AM
First Mate

Don't forget that you must have long pants in order to ice skate.

We never found the time to actually ice skate but don't miss the show...it's fantastic!

Rock climbing was fun and don't forget about the inline skating and minature golf course.

Carnival - Spirit: Alaska (August 8, 2007)
Carnival - Miracle: Exotic Western Caribbean (April 9, 2006)
Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas: Eastern Caribbean (January 2005)
Old September 4th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Also, don't miss the "Ice Show." I was skeptical at first, but totally enthralled! A+...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 5th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Passenger

Thank you all. You have been very helpful. We have to see the ice show. Can we get tickets as soon as we board? What is the best way to make sure that we are able to get tickets for the ice show please?
Thank you
Bobbie
p.s. DH just said he wants to try rock climbing too. So glad I took out that insurance.
Old September 12th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by threecruisers
When they climb they need to have socks and dry clothes no wet tshirts over suits......best time is when they are in port and people are gone..ice skating is fun but watch the time no skating on days of the show...Been on mariner 3 times...You'll LOVE! Becky the cruise director LOVE.....you'll get it later
Just got off Mariner on Sunday. Had a GREAT WEEK! I didn't want to leave. Mariner is a beautiful ship. Can't wait to go back. I'm sorry to say, but Becky isn't there any more. The current cruise director is Dennis Sciortino. He was pretty good.