Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 1st, 2007, 01:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default TEENS..cruising,..during School ..??Question

I have my 13 and 15 year old girls coming with us on October. 5th on the Granduer...
I am now getting worried that they will be the only teenagers on the ship because it is school time,.....
Can anyone tell me...if they have cruised during the beginning of school with there kids and let me know if there is still teens on the ships? also is there still any special events for them because they are teens... I dunno...probably off season for Teens to be aboard. Oh Well...

also the Arcade on the Granduer ship.... is it a cash thing...or do the kids use a seapass card... or is there an arcade card.. this is what my daughter wants to know... lol is there an arcade card. lol
Carnival - 1982

Grandeur of the Seas
Sponsored Links
Old September 2nd, 2007, 09:47 AM
Admiral

I have always taken my kids out of school to cruise and there were always kids off all ages on board. No matter what time of the year you cruise on RCCL there will always be kids on board maybe not as much as summer and school breaks but I don't like to vacation with a ton of kids. My boys always found friends on board. All the teen programs are up and running same as summer months.
The kids can use the sea pass card to play games in arcade as long as you put $$$ into their card.

enjoy your cruise 8) 8) 8) 8)

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old September 2nd, 2007, 09:53 AM
Passenger

i prefer to cruise when elementary kids ARE in school. Both times, there weren't many. My cruise in January had 9 teens signed up for the teen club. The February cruise had 14 teens on board. If they have each other to hang with, don't worry about it, they will have fun, maybe more fun.

Carnival Destiny 03/30/08
RCL Enchantment 09/24/07
Carnival Liberty 02/05
Carnival Glory 01/03
Old September 2nd, 2007, 07:30 PM
Captain

Just wondering how the school are about letting kids go on vacation during the school year? Are they pretty good about working with you? We don't have kids yet so I'm just planning for cruises way in the future when we do lol.
Old September 2nd, 2007, 09:15 PM
Beginner

We cruised once in November and there were other kids on board then...My son has always found something to do while on board!!!Have a great time!!
Old September 3rd, 2007, 05:17 AM
First Mate

We cruised in January and there were only a few teens onboard. We only picked that time because we were attending a wedding in Virginia and didn't want to travel across the country for just one day. The wedding was on Saturday and Sunday we were onboard the ship headed for the Caribbean. We called it our snow & snorkel vacation.

We loved the cruise but our 13 year old son wished that there were more kids his age around. There were maybe 10 kids total.

Our next cruise was during spring break and there were at least 300 teens in his age group on board. He had a blast...we hardly saw him.

Carnival - Spirit: Alaska (August 8, 2007)
Carnival - Miracle: Exotic Western Caribbean (April 9, 2006)
Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas: Eastern Caribbean (January 2005)
Old September 4th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you to all that has replied to my questions. Personally I don't think that I could handle cruising with 300 kids... Been there done that on the Disney Cruise.....probably more than that...

My kids will have each other so that is a good thing. There not much of minglers anyway...don't know if they would want to go to the teen club or not.......

If there is other teens on the ship I will be happy, so they won't feel like they are cruising with us old folk. lol... I know that they will still have fun that is forsure...

As for taking them out of school it isn't a big deal at all... As long as the teachers know a couple of weeks in advance they can get ahead so that they won't miss anything while they are gone.

My girls teachers don't seem to be too worried about them being away for a couple of weeks, so this is a good thing...

My girls are very excited about going on this cruise as well as the rest of us, who isn't excited about cruising........they havn't asked once actually if there is going to be other teens on the ship or not but just incase the question comes up I am ahead of the game now and I will now the answer...

So thank you to everyone for there responses...
My Kids Seapass card is like a credit card so I guess they can purchase what ever they want when they want to so they won't have to have bucks put on...........OH LUCKY US.... ...

LOUISE
Carnival - 1982

Grandeur of the Seas