Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2007, 10:43 AM
First Mate

Default Good old Rhapsody

Has anyone been on Rhapsody lately? Our first cruise was on her several years ago. We noticed on the boards that she was doing a slightly different itinerary these days and thought we might try her again. We loved her the first time and Galveston is so convenient for us. Is she still as great? All you Texans who sail her regularly, let us know!
Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Passenger

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but......

She pulled out of Galveston for the last time on Sept 2. My friend and I were on that cruise. She will now go through the Panama Canal, do a 45 day tour around the Pacific Rim, and then have Seattle for her new home Port. There will be a larger ship coming to Galveston for a few months at least. We heard several versions from crew members of what would happen in 2008 for Galveston, so I'm not convinced the plans are all set yet. Keep checking the RCCL website for news.

She is still a wonderful ship. They were replacing carpets in the dining room and refurbishing the jogging deck surface while we were on her.
Old September 8th, 2007, 05:39 PM
First Mate

Dawn, that is bad news! Thanks for letting me know. I'm excited to find out which ship will be sailing out of Galveston. I'm gonna miss Rhapsody though.