Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 12th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Passenger

Default Steam/sauna room

Does the Explore of the Sea have a steam/sauna room set up and can you pay for a week's worth of visists? Can not seem to find much details on it - if there are different common steam rooms etc....

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Passenger

Hey there!
I just returned from the most AMAZING cruise ever on the Mariner which is not the same ship but.......maybe this info. may help. Not sure about the Explorer and all but on the Mariner you did not need to pay to use the steam room and sauna or whirlpool at the gym/spa. You can use it as often as you like. I didn't figure that out until mid week and would have used it more right from the beginning if I'd known. So it may be the same on the Explorer if they have the steam room and such.

HTH's

Old October 1st, 2007, 02:25 PM
Welcome Newcomer

The Explorer did have a sauna and a steam room in the locker rooms when I was on it about 2 years ago. All free. I don't remember when it opened but it did close around 8:30p which I thought was early compared to times on Celebrity ships.
Old October 31st, 2007, 05:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

All the shipshape centers on the RCCL ships have steam rooms and saunas in the locker rooms. There's no charge for them. If you want to get a locker key, just go to the spa desk and give them your seapass and they'll give you a key to the locker for the time you are there.
They're open from the time the gym is open until the time the gym closes.

Adventure-12/03 S.Carib;Explorer-12/04 W.Carib;Jewel-12/05 W.Carib;Serenade-7/06 Alaska;Rhapsody-12/06 E.Carib;Adventure-12/07 S.Carib;Radiance-10/08 Pan.Canal;Splendour-8/09 Greece;Oasis-8/10 W.Carib;Navigator-12/10 W. Carib;Liberty-2/11 W.Carib;Mariner-6/11 Med.;Brilliance-2/13 E.Carib.
Old October 31st, 2007, 05:43 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to ddowj

Yes, on the Explorer of the Seas, there is a sauna (womens/mens), exercise equipments, massage and a beauty salon inside the Day Spa and Fitness center on dect 11 and 12. The sauna and exercise euipment are free of charge. When you get onboard, make sure you attend the Spa tour as there are a lot of free give aways. hope that helps.