Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Beginner

Default Transportation to/from Port of Miami

Hello All, while I am not a big contributor, yet, since this will be our first cruise, I have been lurking and enjoy reading all posts.

In a couple of weeks, my wife and I will be flying into Ft. Lauderdale on a Sunday, spending the night at The Sleep Inn and Suites in Dania, then sailing out on the Majesty of the Seas on Monday. What is the best way for us to get to the Port of Miami Monday AM, as well as back to the Airport Friday AM after we debark? Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks…..Tim
Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Admiral

Hello and welcome to CruiseMates! Congratulations on your upcoming cruise. There are many options for transfer between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. If you Google "transportation from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami" several shuttle companies will appear. I've had friends who took a cab and said it was fine also. You may also be able to buy a transfer from RCCL. Let us know what you decide on. Have a wonderful cruise!
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old September 19th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Passenger

Tim-

I am also in the same situation as you. We are going on the Majesty in January and are flying into MIA the day before. We found a local hotel that has free shuttle from the airport and free shuttle to the port. My TA told me that the shuttle service from RCCL was $29 from MIA and $59 from Ft Lauderdale.

Carnival Legend 7/15/06 !!!
Old September 21st, 2007, 07:30 AM
Beginner

Thank you for your help.

Has anyone used Easy Express to book thier transportation? I have a quote for $65 all-inclusive for the trip from our hotel in Dania to the Port of Miami. Just wondering if they are reliable.

I also sent a question to RCCL via thier webiste, in regards to Royal Connections, got a confirmation that they received the request for info, however, I never got a response back from them!? I would have thought thier customer service would have been better than that!

Is arriving at the Port at 11:00 AM too early?

Tim
Old September 21st, 2007, 07:45 AM
Passenger

this will be my 3rd cruise on the majesty 10/26/07 i usally get there between 11 and 11.30 what a nice ship i have always enjoy it and i am sure u will too
Old September 28th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Passenger

Default Transportation to Port of Miami

I hope that this message isn't too late for you... Anyway, the taxi fare from your motel to the Port of Miami would be between $65 and $75! Airport Express is a shuttle service that uses 9 passenger vans. They charge $18 pen person. Finally, RCCL uses buses to transfer guests from Ft. Lauderdale airport to Miami, and charge $31 a person. The buses leave about once an hour between 11am and 2pm for the 45 minute trip. If you are interested in this, you have to pre arrange this transportation thru RCCL's booking office, as transportation cannot be booked at the airport.
Old December 28th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Beginner

Does RCCL offer shuttles from the Port of Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport as well? What are the costs, and how would I book that?

Thanks!
Old December 29th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Beginner

I have rented a car in the past. There are places to drop off right by the pier for many rental car companies. There was 6 of us traveling together so the transfers were more $. You can also rent small cars for $40-$70, if there are 2 people. You also get the freedom to stop & pick up anything you forgot or get something to eat.
Old December 29th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Admiral

I am doing two cruises in February b2b. The first cruise leaves out of Ft Lauderdale and the second cruise leaves out of Miami. My plan is this:

When I leave the first ship, I will take a cab/shuttle back to Ft. Lauderdale airport. The cost is $10 (10 minute ride). Once back at the airport, I will hop on one of the private company shuttles to get to the port of miami. The cost is $18 (30 minute ride). Therefore, I will get from Port Carneveral (sp?) to Port of Maimi for $28. When I get off the ship, if I can find a cab for less than $28 (not likely), then I will take that route.

I don't care for the ship's transport service because (1) I tend to get to the airport very early (9:00 a.m. or so) and usually have to sit at the airport until 11:30 or so to catch the ship's bus; (2) the bus will not leave until it is full; (3) by the time the ship's bus gets you to the ship's terminal, the line is long and the wait to board significantly longer than if I just get to the terminal on my own; and (4) if I am getting to the port city so early, I would much rather sit in the hard plastic chairs in the terminal and drool at the ship than to wander the airport for two hours waiting for a bus.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old December 29th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Passenger

Yes, RCCL does offer bus transfer from the Port of Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport. The cost is $28.00 per person (one way). You can pre book the transfer by calling RCCL, or you can book the transfer through the shore excursion desk on the ship, while you are sailing! The buses will get you to Ft. Lauderdale airport between 9 and 10am. During the heavy cruise (winter) season, you should allow 2 hours to check in before your flight. If your flight is after 4pm, I would agree with an earlier sugestion to rent a car, and take a scenic ride along the coast through South Beach and Miami Beach to get to Ft. Lauderdale. It is only about 25 miles (40 kms) so you'll have plenty of time to sightsee along the beaches!