Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 23rd, 2007, 09:04 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to ms_Kalamity
Default Have you ever had?

Have you ever had a cruise out of California > Baja > Ensenada Mexico cancelled due to inclement weather (Hurricane/Tropical Storm) or perhaps a port just cancelled? We are doing the Baja/Mexico run Halloween week. If so what do they do? Refund or choose a different port?

LA > San Diego > Catalina Island > Ensenada 4 night

Jane

Independance of the Seas
Monarch of the Seas, October, 2007
Serenade of the Seas June, 2006
Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Admiral

the cruise lines will do all that they can to get your cruise in. Ports could be changed, routes could be changed, departures could be delayed or changed. Your safety is of the utmost concern for the captain and he will do whatever he deems necessary to ensure your safety. Its very rare that an entire cruise gets cancelled due to weather but it does happen so its a good idea to buy trip cancellation/interuption insurance if something does happen.
Old September 25th, 2007, 12:44 PM
First Mate

Thanks Lisa
I already have the insurance. Mostly was wondering if cancelleations happened very often out here on the west coast, where the hurricane tendency seems to be a bit less frequent, and not as strong as those that happen off the east coast.

Just got a bit over a month to go before we set sail! Whooo Hoo!

Jane

Independance of the Seas
Old September 27th, 2007, 03:38 AM
Yeoman

You will not have a problem with a hurricane on the west coast Baja Cruise. Ensenada is only a very short distance from San Diego, and we don't have hurricanes or tropical storms this far north. If you were doing the Riviera cruise (mazatlan, cabo & puerto Vallarta) then hurricane season is the same as it is in the Caribbean. But you won't have to worry about that on Baja.

Most people who do not live here don't realize that every stop on that cruise is somewhere you could drive to within several hours. Except Catalina, which is only a one hour ferry ride from Los Angeles (san Pedro) Most of the time, the ship is just drifting at sea, as it doesn't take very long to get from port to port.
Old September 27th, 2007, 06:37 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzla
You will not have a problem with a hurricane on the west coast Baja Cruise. Ensenada is only a very short distance from San Diego, and we don't have hurricanes or tropical storms this far north. If you were doing the Riviera cruise (mazatlan, cabo & puerto Vallarta) then hurricane season is the same as it is in the Caribbean. But you won't have to worry about that on Baja.

Most people who do not live here don't realize that every stop on that cruise is somewhere you could drive to within several hours. Except Catalina, which is only a one hour ferry ride from Los Angeles (san Pedro) Most of the time, the ship is just drifting at sea, as it doesn't take very long to get from port to port.
That does sound like the normal trend from all of the years that I have lived in Arizona that I can remember. Especially since we tend to get the aftermath of rain that tends to flow northward out of Mexico, that gives us some well needed moisture. I guess my consern was that I have been kind of watching and the last 2 TS were heading directly at the Baja/Ensenada coastline. I didn't think they normally hit too much that far north. It's either that or I am just paying more attention now since I have this cruise booked! Thanks for the update

Jane

Independance of the Seas