CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Taxi from Port Everglades to Miami (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/340421-taxi-port-everglades-miami.html)

eurojockboy September 27th, 2007 06:46 PM

Taxi from Port Everglades to Miami

hey cruisemates,

does anyone know the cost of a taxi from port everglades to miami airpor? is there a flat-charge or is it metered?
thanks in advance.
m

Trip September 27th, 2007 09:41 PM

Hope this helps....

Approximately $75.00 to Miami Airport from Port Ecverglades.

Taxi/Yellow Cab: Available on demand. Check in at the Transportation Podium located lower level, curbside of each terminal. Rate comparison charts are posted at each podium or click on Typical Rates for the information. Taxicabs accept up to 5 persons for fare stated on meters (taxi fares regulated by law in this county). Call Yellow Cab if you have any questions at (954) 565-2800.

Share Ride / Florida Airport Express : Passenger sedans provide door-to-door service and usually at cheaper rates than a taxi. Check in at the Transportation Podium located lower level, curbside of each terminal. Fares can be found on the rate comparison charts posted at each podium or click on Typical Rates for the information. Call Florida Airport Express if you have any questions at (954)-822-8106.

(

JerryHirsch007 September 27th, 2007 11:53 PM

Transportation from Port Everglades

One good piece of information deserves another.... Thanks for the info on transportation from Gatwick to Southampton. Being that I live in Florida, I am well aware of the transportation around the Florida ports. As stated by someone else, the taxi fare would be approximately $75 from Port Everglades to MIA. That would be for up to 4 persons, however, luggage space could be a problem! There is a shuttle service that charges around $20 per person for the same trip, but it could make several stops along the way, as it takes up to 9 passengers, and not everyone usually goes to the same place. On the other hand, after a trans Atlantic crossing, there will probably be many passengers looking for immediate transportation to MIA! Finally, RCCL will offer transfer service from the pier to MIA by coach! I believe that they charge $30 per person to go from the ship directly to MIA. You can confirm the price on RCCL's website, and if you desire, can book the transfer on the ship at the shore excursion desk during the crossing! Any other information about what to expect of do after arriving in Florida.... just ask. I will be more than willing to share my expertise! Otherwise, maybe we'll meet onboard the Jewel on the October 30th crossing!
Auf Wiedersehn for now,
Jerry Hirsch

eurojockboy September 29th, 2007 01:40 AM

Thank you both for your infos.
:-)
Jerry see you aboard

m.