Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 30th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Beginner

Default can you compare Disney Cruise(magic) to RCC (Liberty)?

I went on my first cruise with Disney Magic on 9/07...now I am booking for 9/08 with Royal Carribean Freedom/Liberty ship. I want to try different cruise line to see which one is a better fit for my family. So far, Disney is great...however, we have a 3 & 5 y.o. kids...if 3 yo boy refuse to go to the day care.....then as parents, we sometime don't have much activities to do with them together as a family....so we left with 3-4 hrs doing nothing except roaming the ship during the midde afternoon hrs.

Also, food & service are very important...want to know if RCC food is as good and is there Customer Service is as great as Disney. Disney Staff is by far the best

If your kids are picky eater....and certain food that is not even on the menu...the staff would whip up something for your kid...they do anything.
Sponsored Links
Old October 3rd, 2007, 09:43 PM
Passenger

Freedom has more onboard activities and more food selections. Last time we cruised, my daughter didn't like the food, the waiter asked her what she wants and they prepared it for her. We also asked the head waiter to prepare us a special native dish and they did. Other than the people at the front desk, I find the rest of the staff friendly and nice. We had a great time at Disney but had a greater time at Freedom. Imagine Freedom is almost twice the size of Disney. Freedom also has activities for kids according to their age group. Because there were different sizes of pools for the kids, it was not as crowded as Disney. Freedom doesn't have a pool slide though, but they have the interactive waterpark.
Old October 4th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Beginner

Thank you for your reply....it help me feels better knowing that you like RCC even after being on Disney....so now I can stop worrying about the possibilities that this decision was a mistake
Old October 4th, 2007, 01:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default You will have a great time!

You made the best decision when you chose Freedom.

I sailed on Disney and there is no comparison to RCCL! The kids love RCCL! There is everything and anything for them to do on this ship!

Have a great time - but being a loyal RCCL cruiser, I know you will.

Diane

Disney 2006
SOS 2006
Mariner 2007
Old October 4th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Admiral

Freedom of the Seas is an amazing ship - you and your kids will have a blast in the H2O zone waterpark and the kids programs are top notch, there is so much to do on the Freedom