Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 1st, 2007, 03:47 PM
Passenger

Default First time poster, here....

Hello, everyone! I have booked a 9 day cruise aboard the Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore during Thanksgiving week. I have been on only one cruise in my life, my wife has never been. I'm SOO looking forward to sharing this experience with her and want to make it really special for her.

What can anyone tell me about this ship and cruising at that time of year that I won't read in the brochures???
Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2007, 06:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Welcome to Cruisemates and our message boards. One thing the brouchures don't tell you, how much fun you will have..

I'm sure some Grandeur cruisers can fill you in on details, but I'm a super Royal Caribbean fan, so I know you'll have a great time.

Enjoy!

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 1st, 2007, 08:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

A big welcome to this valuable site, lots to learn here. I was on the Enchantment, Granduer's sister ship, and absolutely loved her. The walls of glass, allow you to really enjoy sea time! We spent each evening prior to dinner, around the atrium, listening to music, and watching the dancers, trip the light fantastic.

I am sure Grandeur lovers will add to your excitment, with many posts of this great RCI ship!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 3rd, 2007, 04:20 PM
Admiral

First of all, I am sure you will enjoy your cruise as well as the Cruisemates message boards. But I must warn you -- THEY ARE BOTH HABIT FORMING.

I can tell you the first thing I do when I get home from work (after I kiss the wife, of course) is check the message boards. And I am always looking forward to our next cruise.

Manuel
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old October 4th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to wraithe Send a message via Yahoo to wraithe

Sailed on Grandeur twice, and board again tomorrow for my third cruise onboard her. I have three cruises scheduled on her next year. I think you can say that I really like the ship. Trouble is, Grandeur invokes either a love relationship, or hate relationship. There's little in between. It's either a beautiful, if somewhat smaller and older ship. Well kept, wonderful crew, great food and plenty to do, or it's an aged, worn out, rust bucket, with lazy crew, poor food and passengers bored out of their minds. That's the two kinds of review that you get about Grandeur. Now, the ship never sails empty, whether it's Baltimore (which is a fabulous port, super easy to get through), Norfolk, Tampa, New Orleans, etc.

The ship is smaller than the Radiance/Voyager class ships. She doesn't have mini-golf, inline skating, ice skating, promenade, or specialty restaurants. She does have a beautiful Centrum, numerous hot tubs, solarium, numerous venues for listening to music and dancing. Bingo, art auctions, shops, Latte-tudes, wi-fi, the library is used as a cigar bar after 9:00 pm, and numerous other things. If you have any specific questions, please ask.

I hope you've booked the wonderful Grandeur that I've always had the pleasure of sailing, and I hope you thoroughly enjoy your cruise. Grandeur out of Baltimore was my first pleasure cruise, and tomorrow's cruise will be our fifth in two years.

Past Cruises:
USS Henry L. Stimson-SSBN 655 Gold (4 Patrols 1988-1991)
USS Daniel Webster-SSBN 626 Blue (Conversion Crew)
USS Nebraska-SSBN-739 Blue (5 Patrols 1995-1998)
USS Wyoming-SSBN 742 Blue (3 Patrols 2002-2004)

Grandeur of the Seas-10/28/2005 - 10/13/2006 - 10/05/2007
Mariner of the Seas-4/2/2006
Radiance of the Seas-3/17/2007

Upcoming Cruises
Grandeur of the Seas-4/12/2008 - 4/19/2008- 10/30/2008
Celebrity Century-2/9/2009
Old October 4th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Admiral

Default Re: First time poster, here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by goincroozin
Hello, everyone! I have booked a 9 day cruise aboard the Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore during Thanksgiving week. I have been on only one cruise in my life, my wife has never been. I'm SOO looking forward to sharing this experience with her and want to make it really special for her.

What can anyone tell me about this ship and cruising at that time of year that I won't read in the brochures???
Welcome aboard the friendly CruiseMates.
And I can only agree with posters above.
Happy Sailing
Old October 5th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Admiral

goincroozin I can't tell you anything about the ship, but I can tell you that there is nothing like being on a cruise with the one you love. The whole experience is just awsome. DW and I both agree that there is nothing like goincroozin. Enjoy. 8)