Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 1st, 2007, 05:17 PM
Beginner

Default Bringing Alcohol on Board

Traveling on Jan 28th on RCCL to Western Carib. Whats the real deal on bringing alcohol on board? Can you hide small bottles in your luggage? Can you carry it on board. I don't want to bring a whole liquor store but would like perhaps some baileys at night on the balcony. My wife also would like some wine in the cabin, can you sneak box wine on board.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

THANKS
Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2007, 05:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Had very good luck with boxed wine out of Cape Liberty - the smaller size (each equivalent to 1-1/3 regular sized bottles) - had one in checked luggage (put it in a ziplock into the "shoe cubby" of the suitcase) and one in carry-on. No problem. While both boxes did hold wine, they could have held anything - hint, hint.
Old October 1st, 2007, 10:56 PM
Beginner

We brought the little tiny, kind of like sample sized bottles on board in our checked luggage. Not lots (maybe a dozen or so) and they were plastic little bottles which we put in a ziploc bag. No one said anything and I know the steward cleaning the room saw them...lol. We ended up spending money on drinks at the bar anyway.. we were having too much fun to run back to the room.
Old October 6th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Beginner

i just recently sailed ncl, and have made reservations on carnival. so i know about these two...what i recomend for drinkers on a budget who want to be legal....call the cruise bon voyage dept and order from a selection of various liqours.....not just wine...i ordered a half gallon of jack and a big bottle of baileys....it was 50 bucks a bottle, delivered right to your room.....it saved me a ton of money...
Old October 7th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Cruise Maniac

I don't believe RCI allows delivery to your room.
Old October 8th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlouhy
I don't believe RCI allows delivery to your room.
Unfortunately, they do not offer this.
Old October 12th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Passenger

So, has anyone been caught? It would be interesting to hear what can really happen if you get caught. I did put a couple of little bottles of wine and a couple of beers in our case in Miami, no one said anything. Hey we still had a $700.00 bar tab!

Annie
Old October 13th, 2007, 10:55 AM
First Mate

Default getting caught

our neighobrs cruised with us two months ago. We warned him, he did nto listen. He got all but one suitcase. He called to complain, they very nicely told him to come down to deck 2, etc. He did, they asked him to open his suitcase, he did. They smiled took his bottle of Crown and told him he would get it back on the last night, he did.
Old October 14th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Passenger

Default Policy link

Here is a link to RC's web site with info on their guest conduct policy including the section on alcohol.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/conten...uct_Policy.pdf