Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Passenger

Default 10:30 flight from Miami

Hi, I have a 10:30 flight to catch from Miami Airport the morning we leave the ship- Any suggestions to make a smooth morning- I should carry my own luggage instead of putting outside my cabin the night before- Hope I didn;t book to early of a flight!!!
Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

You should be fine. If for some reason you don't get the first departure time go to the pursers desk and have it changed. We did that and there was no problem. We were on the Empress sailing from Bermuda. We were at the airport by 9:00. Unfortunately, we couldn't get an earlier flight and had to sit awhile but we still got off the ship early. If you only have 2 bags each you can do the express departure. We saw alot of people doing that but you do have to handle your own luggage. Pack light and you will be fine.
Old October 9th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Passenger

Hi Thanks for the information, When you say 2 bags do you mean 2 plus your carry on???
thanks agian
Old October 10th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lks1165
Hi Thanks for the information, When you say 2 bags do you mean 2 plus your carry on???
thanks agian
I remember on a recent cruise, one of the requirements for Express Departure was that you had to be able to carry your bags and still be able to have a hand free to maneuver stairs and excalator. I'm not sure if this was enforced in Miami or not, but I imagine that it would be difficult to carry 2 bags each plus carry-on.

If you don't usually use the Easy Check-In machines in the airport, it will save time if you familiarize yourself with them in advance. That will save you time also.

Happy Sailing!
Old October 10th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

Do the self debarkation and get off that boat early.

We booked a flight at 12:15 and watched Carnival let a herd of non listening lemmings on our bus so we ended up catching a 10:15 bus. Got to the airport at 11:15, got to the counter at 11:45 to be told we couldn't get on the plane since we "weren't there in time." We eventually got on a flight (thanks to a super nice man form United Air) but we were NOT happy. And it wasn't even our fault-it was Carnival's.

Not sure how RCL does theirs as I have never sailed them...

Hope you have better luck...but if you have a 10:30 flight I strongly suggest doing self-debarkation.
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old October 11th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Another thing to consider is, that with so many ships in port. the security lines will be very long at the airport...Do all mentioned above, as far as carry off, earl off, and take a cab to the airport, NOT a transfer, and cross your fingers....Good luck!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 11th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Passenger

Yep, we had an 11:05 flight on a Friday in Miami....geeze!!! We had soooo much luggage (9girls in our group!) we had to wait for our luggage and we were the first ones called. We split up into 3 cabs and my daughter and son-in-law just barely made it! When they got to the airport, the line was sooooo long and the line thru security was even longer! We just got to our gate on the last call!!!
I would suggest walking off with the luggage if at all possible. American Airline will take your luggage to the airport for a fee, but I don't know if I would trust them to get it there in time.
We would have been fine if my daughter didn't have to wait for one bag. I finally suggested that the contents of the bag is not worth having to book another flight for four at $950pp!

Just get off early with your luggage and you should be fine.
Old October 17th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Passenger

On my last cruise in miami in april...we got off the ship at 7.45..i said great...we had booked an 11.30 am flight but american changed it to 10.50 a month or so after we booked the flight..when we got to where the beigh ticket luggage was supose to be, none there...after an hour an rccl rep went to check , and found out a door on the ship had jammed and the luggage with the beigh ticckets was still on there..it took another hour for us to finally get it..a two hour wait...by that time the lines for the buses were backed up..finallly arriving at the airport at 10.15, we were told the cut off time for that flight was 10.05...so we missed out flight..finally leaving at 2.30pm..if everthing goes ok you should be fine, but if not 10.30 may not work..
Voyager....April 2007
Radiance...Oct 2006
Voyager ..April 2006
Navigator ..Oct 2005
Empress...May 2005
Navigator ..Oct 2004
Enchantment May 2004
Majesty..May 2003
Monarch...Sept 2002
NCCruiser
Old October 17th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

If you can rebook a later flight without a penalty or a small penalty do it!

Getting through customs can be a nightmare and a very long wait - just like a Disney ride!

Have fun.

Diane

Disney 2006
SOS 2006
Mariner 2007
Old October 23rd, 2007, 07:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

We just got off the Freedom of the Seas this past Sunday and we didn't disembark until noon! They were short-staffed at the Port and it was very slow going through customs. Royal Caribbean kept getting on the loudspeaker and apologizing (however, it was not their fault and nothing they could do about it). We had a 3:30 flight and the lines were so long at MIA that we just about made our flight. Granted, this is an unusual happening, but I'm glad we had a later flight. I'd hate to ruin a relaxing vacation worrying about missing a flight.
Old October 23rd, 2007, 08:32 PM
Admiral

I wish you all the luck in the world. But based on past experiences, considering both cruiselines and airlines, I think you will be fortunate indeed to make a 10:30 a.m. flight.