Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 8th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Passenger

Default wine and dine package

I ordered the wine and dine package for our upcoming trip, but they did not ask me which bottles of wine we wanted. Do we just order at dinner or should I call RCCL? Thanks for any advice.

Connie

Explorer of the Seas

Liberty of the Seas
Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi,

You'll get the Wine and Dine menu at dinner from your assistant waiter and you can order then from the list at the level package you ordered (Gold, Diamond or Platinum).

We've taken advantage of this on past cruises and it's a really good deal. If you don't finish the bottle (we never have that problem but some may!) they will cork it for you and keep it until the next night.

Also...if, let's say, you order a 7 bottle package but only end up drinking 5 bottles (we never have that problem but some may!), you can take the unused bottle of your choice from your level of package with you off the ship at the end of the cruise.

Enjoy!

Adventure-12/03 S.Carib;Explorer-12/04 W.Carib;Jewel-12/05 W.Carib;Serenade-7/06 Alaska;Rhapsody-12/06 E.Carib;Adventure-12/07 S.Carib;Radiance-10/08 Pan.Canal;Splendour-8/09 Greece;Oasis-8/10 W.Carib;Navigator-12/10 W. Carib;Liberty-2/11 W.Carib;Mariner-6/11 Med.;Brilliance-2/13 E.Carib.
Old November 8th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Passenger

Thanks, Larry! I ordered the 7 bottle package for a 9 day cruise, so I doubt that we'll be taking any home either! I just ordered the gold level. It seemed that had enough that we would like. What do you usually order?

Explorer of the Seas

Liberty of the Seas
Old November 8th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Passenger

Am I mistaken or can you also utilize the wine packages in the different bars and lounges? From what I remember my wife was able to access these bottles outside of the dining room.

"Wherever you go, there you are."
Old November 9th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

Connie...the first time we ordered the Gold Package. You're right - it does have a nice selection. The following cruises, we wen't up to the Diamond Package just to be able to try a few other wines and have a little bit more selection.

Carolinablue...the only other places that we ordered the wine was at Chops and Portofino's. I'm not sure if it's good any other places such as at bars - only because we never tried.

Adventure-12/03 S.Carib;Explorer-12/04 W.Carib;Jewel-12/05 W.Carib;Serenade-7/06 Alaska;Rhapsody-12/06 E.Carib;Adventure-12/07 S.Carib;Radiance-10/08 Pan.Canal;Splendour-8/09 Greece;Oasis-8/10 W.Carib;Navigator-12/10 W. Carib;Liberty-2/11 W.Carib;Mariner-6/11 Med.;Brilliance-2/13 E.Carib.
Old November 10th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Passenger

You can check out the wines and the packages if you log on to the main RCCL web site, under the heading of 'Deals and Gifts' (on the blue drop down menu) then 'Gifts and Gear Aboard' - ' Shop Now' scroll down to the bottom of the page and you can view either the wine packages or the wine list - Enjoy....
Old November 10th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Yeoman

Just an FYI, the wine list on the ship is much more extensive than the list on the wine & dine package. We always order individual bottles on the ship to give us a better selection.

Here is the sample list from the onboard list.

Domestic list:
http://www.royalcaribbean.com/conten..._Wine_List.pdf

List for cruises departing from Europe:

Old November 10th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Passenger

Have checked out the Wine List, however it would have been interesting to see the Price List too...
Thx
BJ
Old November 10th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

The wine & dine Gold package, on Voyager, cost $192-76 inc gratuity. That gave you 7 bottles of wine to be drank anywhere onboard except via room service.

To buy a single bottle from the same "package" individually cost $24-00 + 15% automatically added gratuity.

I bought the Gold package and was very pleased with the standard of the wine.

Mark
Old November 10th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhorchu
Have checked out the Wine List, however it would have been interesting to see the Price List too...
Thx
BJ
Go to this link, and click through the pages to see the list with prices. Price doesn't really bother me. Quality does.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/560040409VZdLVw
Old November 11th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Passenger

Fitzla, like you the cost of a good bottle of wine is not an issue, but I do think there are a number of first time cruisers or cruisers new to RCCL who would be interested in costs...
BJ

Old November 13th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzla
Just an FYI, the wine list on the ship is much more extensive than the list on the wine & dine package. We always order individual bottles on the ship to give us a better selection.

Here is the sample list from the onboard list.

Domestic list:

List for cruises departing from Europe:

I'm new to RCCL. How do I go about ordering onboard? Where do I go or who do I call?