CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   How soon do you book your shore excursions? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/342377-how-soon-do-you-book-your-shore-excursions.html)

71Corvette November 12th, 2007 12:51 PM

How soon do you book your shore excursions?

I'm curious to find out how far in advance people book their excursions. I've heard that many book them well in advance, but I find that a bit surprising.

This is my first poll so hopefully I don't mess it up! LOL

Irish Shark November 12th, 2007 01:08 PM

It depends on when the shore excursions open up. Usually about 90 days or so before the sail date.

SharHite November 12th, 2007 05:22 PM

If it's something I really want to do, I book it as soon as it's available. If I haven't made up my mind about what I want to do at that port, I may wait until I'm onboard and then talk to the excursions desk about my choices.

seadog2 November 12th, 2007 07:24 PM

We usually have them picked out far in advance but we don't book them until we board the ship. We book them from our TV set.

erikhag November 13th, 2007 02:25 AM

If I know what I want to do, why shouldn´t I book it as soon as possible before it´s sold out?

Donna November 13th, 2007 07:42 AM

I would have to agree, it all depends on the shore excursion, if its something I really "have" to do, I'll book it right away. I have booked some after I've boarded, but usually, I'm all booked before I get onboard.

elf November 13th, 2007 11:28 AM

Hello Fellowcruisers,

I book my excurions a couple of months prior to my cruise. I have tried booking my excursions when I am on the ship, but that took time as you have to wait in line and if the tour is popular, you could be out of luck by the time you decide what tours you want to do. I must confess I have not booked thru the t.v. in my room! So, I get my t.a. to print out all the tours and then we make our decision and book on Royal Carribean's website.

elf

Big Red Boat
Carnival Jubilee 2004
Carnival Valour 2005
RCCL Empress of the Seas 2006
RCCL Brilliance of the Seas 2007
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas 2007
RCCL Jewel of the Seas 2008
RCCL Explorer of the Seas 2008

longbeachlarry November 13th, 2007 02:37 PM

We usually book the excursions a little more than a month before we sail. That's usually about the time our final payment is due. We've already checked them out before that and then we narrow down our decisions. Since some of them can be popular, we figure that we might as well book early to make sure we get the times we want. Given the long lines at the Excursion Desk onboard, why have to deal with it if they provide you with options to not have to worry about lines?

Roland November 13th, 2007 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erikhag
If I know what I want to do, why shouldn´t I book it as soon as possible before it´s sold out?

Hej Erik,
Även om Du vet vad Du vill göra, så kan det komma saker emellan som gör att planerna förändras :roll: