Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 17th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Beginner

Default Wardrobe question....

If I want to go into the dining room for breakfast or lunch, how do I have to dress?
Is something like the blue dress ok, or is it too open?
Thanks!

https://www.shirleyandcompany.com/ca...ca26 f498b27d
Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Wardrobe question....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk523
If I want to go into the dining room for breakfast or lunch, how do I have to dress?
Thanks!

You can wear almost anything except for a bathing suit. Jeans, shorts, tennis shoes, etc ... are all OK.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old November 17th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Beginner

Please do not wear jeans or in the dining room. I feel that the dining room is one of the few places on the ship that should remain respected as a little more formal. If you want to wear jeans go to the more casual places on the ship for dining.
Old November 17th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Admiral

Jeans are perfectly fine for breakfast and lunch.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old November 17th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Passenger

Breakfast and lunch are much more casual and jeans ad shorts are very acceptable. For dinner, I agree that nice slacks (dockers), and a polo or button down shirt for the men. For the ladies, nice slacks or even a summer dress
Old November 17th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialj
Please do not wear jeans or in the dining room. I feel that the dining room is one of the few places on the ship that should remain respected as a little more formal. If you want to wear jeans go to the more casual places on the ship for dining.
Other than the no bathing suit rule, you can pretty much wear what ever you want in the dining room during breakfast and lunch. And since that was the question, you are wrong. Most people wear shorts to lunch in the dining room. But if you want to dress nice for breakfast and lunch in the dining room, please by all means go ahead. I won't look at you funny.
Old November 18th, 2007, 06:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

The actual dress code is for dinner only, you can be more casual for breakfast and lunch, just no swim suits.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 18th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Admiral

Actually, aboard "Mariner ot Seas" recently, they allowed all of the above, but asked that I remove my baseball type cap when entering the dining room for lunch. Not that I mind, but I can't imagine how that was offensive, and jeans, shorts, tennis shoes, t-shirts, and almost everything else was O.K.? I even had it on with the bill turned to the front!

Ken
"Sky"
Old November 18th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster
....but asked that I remove my baseball type cap when entering the dining room for lunch. I even had it on with the bill turned to the front!
That's because you did not have it cocked to the right of your head.

Old November 19th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave
Default Re: Wardrobe question....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk523
Thanks!

The picture of your blue dress says, "page not found" Is it anything like Monica's? Then it would be OK.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old November 20th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster
Actually, aboard "Mariner ot Seas" recently, they allowed all of the above, but asked that I remove my baseball type cap when entering the dining room for lunch. Not that I mind, but I can't imagine how that was offensive, and jeans, shorts, tennis shoes, t-shirts, and almost everything else was O.K.? I even had it on with the bill turned to the front!

Ken
"Sky"
I was thought that men should never wear headgear indoors, especially not when eating.
Old November 20th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Admiral

Roland,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I was thought that men should never wear headgear indoors, especially not when eating.
You're absolutely correct, though it is now acceptable for men to wear hats in public corrirors, atria, and lobbies (usually when proceeding to or from an office or other meetingplace) and in facilities with very high ceilings such as aircraft hangers and indoor arenas. In any case, it's generally considered to be extremely rude for a man to wear a hat (1) in any place where people are dining and (2) in any facility such as a clinic, hospital, or nursing home that is caring for the sick. Unfortunately, we have a lot of people who think that such rudeness is somehow "cool" in modern society....

And in any case, I applaud the ship's staff for enforcing proper decorum in this matter!

Norm.
Old November 20th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to FlySail

"Comfortable" is the key word here. The dress might be more appropriate for dinner as most cruisers wear loose shirts and shorts/slacks/jogging pants to meals. Comfortable walking shoes with rubber allow protection from slippery decks.