Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 20th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Familiar Face

Default navigator of the seas

Just home after a brilliant Transatlantic cruise on the Navigator.I really enjoyed it.One thing annoyed me,sitting in the Schooner Bar at night listenening to the pianist with drinks in front of us and being hounded by the bar staff to buy more drink,irritating to say the least
Sponsored Links
Old November 25th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Beginner

I am going on the Navigator Dec 8th. ANy thing good to say? I am hoping it is going to be fun and plenty to do? There is a group of us but some are older and not very active and we are very active.
Old December 9th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Passenger

Navigator has a great little coffee place in the main concourse for you and your friends to gather and have a coffee and pastry anytime and people watch and shop. At least last year it was free and available 24/7.
Old December 10th, 2007, 07:03 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to gfleo

It's not only RCI, but ALL cruise lines try to to sell drinks the whole time, just very annoying. I totally agree with you!
Caribbean Princess
C. Destiny
N.Pearl Nov
C.Valor Sept 2008
Ruby Princess
C.Splendor
Indy
Liberty OTS 2009
Carnival Liberty
Eurodam
Radiance OTS
Mariner OTS
C. Freedom
C. Triumph
Navigator OTS(TA)
C.Dream
Solstice 2010
Costa Fortuna
Summit
Norwegian Dawn
C.Glory Sept 2011
Brilliance OTS 2012
Mariner OTS (TA)
Liberty OTS
C.Breeze
C.Conquest
Serenade OTS TA (Nov '13)
C.Sunshine
Indy
Old December 10th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfleo
It's not only RCI, but ALL cruise lines try to to sell drinks the whole time, just very annoying. I totally agree with you!
It is not the waitstaff's doing. They are instructed to consistent ask drinking patron's if they want a refill. Often times, people will order another before they are finished with their present drink.

Also, I think the alcohol waitstaff position is probably one of the most lucrative on the ship so all of the crew wants to have good numbers so they are not transferred to another area where the tips are not so juicy. They make about $1 in tip on each drink. Serve 100 drinks in an day/evening shift (they tend to work double shifts) and these waiters and waitresses are actually making a decent wage.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)