Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old November 30th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Junior Member
Passenger
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Nortonville, KS
Posts: 23
Default Navigator - Arcade games

We'll be on the Navigator jan 5 and my family was wanting to know what they could get for Christmas gifts for the cruise. I was thinking money they could spend at the arcade, but how does that work? Do they need quarters or do they somehow use thier seapass?
__________________
Past Cruises
RC Navigator of the Seas January 2008
Carnial Elation January 2007
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old November 30th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,317
Default Re: Navigator - Arcade games

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun4me
We'll be on the Navigator jan 5 and my family was wanting to know what they could get for Christmas gifts for the cruise. I was thinking money they could spend at the arcade, but how does that work? Do they need quarters or do they somehow use thier seapass?
Hi fun4me,

Cruisequeen again, seems like our kids are similar (they might loose their seapass card and they love the arcade!)

The arcade does not take money. You have to put money into their seapass then they use the seapass to play games.

I used to put $10. in his card each morning instead of say $70. in the begining of the cruise meant for the whole week. My son is a video game hog so I know the $70. would of went in a day or two. You can't play too many games for $10. as the games are expensive but he did not complain about only 10.00 a day as we all know there are a ton of things to do on RCCL.

Have a great cruise! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Look out for the Navigator clown that hangs out in the promenade. He was always picking on me!
__________________
CQ's Cruise Resume

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas x2
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old November 30th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,004
Default Re: Navigator - Arcade games

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruisequeen

Hi fun4me,
The arcade does not take money. You have to put money into their seapass then they use the seapass to play games.
I used to put $10. in his card each morning instead of say $70. in the begining of the cruise meant for the whole week. My son is a video game hog so I know the $70. would of went in a day or two. You can't play too many games for $10. as the games are expensive but he did not complain about only 10.00 a day as we all know there are a ton of things to do on RCCL.
Have no idea about costs in the arcade. The few times I´ve tried some of the games, it was free. Could you please enlighten me, Your Majesty
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old November 30th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,317
Default Re: Navigator - Arcade games

Quote:
Have no idea about costs in the arcade. The few times I´ve tried some of the games, it was free. Could you please enlighten me, Your Majesty
I'm sure since you are an Officer and BFF with Adam the arcade is free of charge for you however everyone else has to pay even royalty
__________________
CQ's Cruise Resume

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas x2
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old November 30th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Junior Member
Passenger
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Nortonville, KS
Posts: 23
Default

Thanks again cruisequeen! Too bad you werent on the navigator with us in January. It does sound like our kids are alot alike.
They are getting sooo pumped! My husband is a dirt track racer so our vacations (if you can call them that) have always revolved around racing, and the farthest we've traveled is about 6 hours from home. So this is a whole new experience for us. Hubby & I went on our first one last year and we're hooked!!!

thanks again
__________________
Past Cruises
RC Navigator of the Seas January 2008
Carnial Elation January 2007
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old December 1st, 2007, 04:18 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,004
Default Re: Navigator - Arcade games

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruisequeen
I'm sure since you are an Officer and BFF with Adam the arcade is free of charge for you however everyone else has to pay even royalty
Your Majesty has to stand corrected, since I am neither an Officer nor "BFF with Adam".
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old December 1st, 2007, 06:23 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,317
Default Re: Navigator - Arcade games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruisequeen
I'm sure since you are an Officer and BFF with Adam the arcade is free of charge for you however everyone else has to pay even royalty
Your Majesty has to stand corrected, since I am neither an Officer nor "BFF with Adam".
Officer needs to be corrected also as I am not royalty - But it does not hurt to pretend! 8)
__________________
CQ's Cruise Resume

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas x2
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old December 1st, 2007, 07:44 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,004
Default Re: Navigator - Arcade games

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruisequeen
Officer needs to be corrected also as I am not royalty

To me, queen has always meant royalty
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old December 1st, 2007, 08:24 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun4me
Thanks again cruisequeen! Too bad you werent on the navigator with us in January. It does sound like our kids are alot alike.
They are getting sooo pumped! My husband is a dirt track racer so our vacations (if you can call them that) have always revolved around racing, and the farthest we've traveled is about 6 hours from home. So this is a whole new experience for us. Hubby & I went on our first one last year and we're hooked!!!

thanks again
Yea fun4me too bad I'm not on the navigator! Our kids can go to the arcade together and the two of us can go to the desk together to get new seapass cards that our kids lost!

Are your kids off from school or are you taking them off?

Have a great time tell us all about it when you get back!
__________________
CQ's Cruise Resume

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas x2
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old December 2nd, 2007, 07:35 PM
Junior Member
Passenger
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Nortonville, KS
Posts: 23
Default

Yea fun4me too bad I'm not on the navigator! Our kids can go to the arcade together and the two of us can go to the desk together to get new seapass cards that our kids lost!

Are your kids off from school or are you taking them off?

Have a great time tell us all about it when you get back![/quote]

They are supposed to go back to school on the 5th, so yes they will miss 5 days, but we are working with the teachers to make sure their work is all done before we go, and the school has excused their absences. We tried to book one either over the christmas or spring break, but the prices were all at least double!!
__________________
Past Cruises
RC Navigator of the Seas January 2008
Carnial Elation January 2007
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old December 3rd, 2007, 07:32 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,317
Default

Quote:
They are supposed to go back to school on the 5th, so yes they will miss 5 days, but we are working with the teachers to make sure their work is all done before we go, and the school has excused their absences. We tried to book one either over the christmas or spring break, but the prices were all at least double!!
Yes I did each year pull the kids out of school it was never an issue. They would do their homework either before the cruise or after. However the school now has a strict policy about taking off which they started this year. The original plan for us was to go on the Liberty while school is in session. Now I'm stuck with spring break (march) or summer and RCCL prices are too too high at those times.

:evil: 8)
__________________
CQ's Cruise Resume

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas x2
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old December 3rd, 2007, 10:38 AM
Paul Motter's Avatar
Administrator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: in my office!
Posts: 11,015
Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default

Most of the games are about $1.45 per play. You put your kid's seapass card into a machine and follow instructions in the video screen to add "arcade credits" to the card. The credits are in dollar amounts, and every game shows how much it costs per play and that is deducted from the credits.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old December 4th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Junior Member
Passenger
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 20
Default

Speaking of video/arcade games. This was brought up on another bb and got a little ugly so it vanished back to page 4 or 5 somewhere- :o

Has anyone ever tried to bring playstation or Xbox systems and had the hookups in the TV to do it? Was this a successful mission or a wasted journey?? Rumor has it, flat screen TV's in suites may have the ability to do this.

I don't want this to spark a to play or not to play video game debate. Just would like to know if you would choose to bring your system=would it work?
__________________

Free Cruise Clocks
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old December 31st, 2007, 12:49 AM
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Iowa
Posts: 6
Default

Hi fun4me. We are also on the Navigator Jan 5 - 8. How old are your sons. We are brininging a 20 yo, 19 yo, 17 yo and 13 yo sons on the cruise with us as well as an 18 yo daughter. My husband and I were on a carnival cruise in '06 and had a blast!
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old December 31st, 2007, 05:58 PM
Junior Member
Passenger
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Nortonville, KS
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyJJohn
Hi fun4me. We are also on the Navigator Jan 5 - 8. How old are your sons. We are brininging a 20 yo, 19 yo, 17 yo and 13 yo sons on the cruise with us as well as an 18 yo daughter. My husband and I were on a carnival cruise in '06 and had a blast!
Hi Suzy, we have a group of 19, my sons are 15, 14, 9, but we also have 3 girls, 17, 14, 14 and 2 other boys, 17 and 9.
We're getting so excited! DH & I went on a Carnival Jan 07 also, but the kids have never been.

Becca
__________________
Past Cruises
RC Navigator of the Seas January 2008
Carnial Elation January 2007
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Arcade/Video Games on Golden Princess BeckyC Princess Cruise Lines 7 March 7th, 2006 10:09 AM
arcade games HOPE Princess Cruise Lines 4 July 20th, 2005 08:05 AM
Arcade Games slyre Carnival Cruise Lines 2 January 24th, 2005 05:20 PM
arcade games on conquest lee212 Carnival Cruise Lines 2 May 14th, 2004 05:01 PM
Arcade Games markferman Carnival Cruise Lines 3 March 27th, 2003 12:18 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:51 AM.
design by: Themes by Design



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1