Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Passenger

Default LA Hotels...........can anyone help?

My husband and I are planning a 4/1 circle cruise to Hawaii from LA. Being from the Southeast, we are not at all familiar with the West Coast.

We have sailed several times with RCCL out of Port Canaveral and there are several motel/hotels there that have a cruise package and they transport you to the cruiseport on the day you sail. Is there anything such as this in LA? If not, is there a hotel/motel close to the cruiseport that anyone could recommend? Also would like to get there a couple of days ahead of the cruise and rent a car to tour the area and maybe take a Grey Line Tour or the city. Is the city fairly easy to get around in and is there anything that we should see?

Thanks for your help. This is a dream cruise and would just like to start it off checking out a little of California.
Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Beginner

Default Re: LA Hotels...........can anyone help?

Depends on which LA port your ship is sailing form which hotel you would want to choose.

Long Beach - Renaissance is the best, Hyatt is also close by. You could also stay on the Queen Mary (for the experience, don't expect anything grand)

San Pedro (main LA port) - The Doubletree - offers free shuttle to cruise ships, nice hotel on marina.

LA is easy to get around, traffic is the problem. Depending on what interests you... Hollywood, Disneyland, Beaches (Laguana, Newport,Balboa Island), day trip to Catalina Island, Downtown Farmers' Market, etc.
Old December 30th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Beginner

WE are also taking the 4/1 cruise to Hawaii and staying at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Long Beach. They let you park your car for two weeks, a bottle of wine and I believe breakfast for $189. Shuttle to and from the cruise ship is also included. We used them a few years back and I believe it was then a Sheraton. Hope this is useful
Old December 30th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Captain

"RCI" ships leave out of San Pedro (next door to Long Beach). Problem with LA is that is SO expansive and nothing is centrally located. This makes us a car rental area vs. taking cabs. With foreknowledge, fair amount of $ and patience, it can soitenly be done.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 11:54 PM
First Mate

I'm a huge Starwood Hotel Chain fan --- Really nice Westin in Long Beach with a shuttle over to the pier in San Pedro (10 min drive). Westin as the best beds in the industry...Heavenly Bed.