CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Price of cab from San Juan airport to port (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/344304-price-cab-san-juan-airport-port.html)

BeckyC January 5th, 2008 10:43 AM

Price of cab from San Juan airport to port

We're thinking of skipping the cruise lines transportation from the San Juan airport to the ship. Does anyone know how much a cab would be for four people and probably six suitcases to the port? We're really thinking this would be cost effective for us, what are your thoughts?

ETA the name of the airport -- whoops!

gfleo January 5th, 2008 12:58 PM

It will cost you around usd 25 for the trip. I paid 22 for 4 people and 5 pieces of luggage. On which cruise are you going?

BeckyC January 5th, 2008 10:52 PM

Thanks for the info on the costs. We thought it would be more cost effective to go by taxi.

We're leaving the middle of March to the Southern Caribbean. It'll be my third cruise to the S.C. and my husband and kids second. Can't wait to leave!

Donna January 6th, 2008 06:37 AM

Hi Becky,
I think taking a cab is a good move. They charge by how many pieces of luggage you have. The ride itself should only take about half an hour. Just go to the taxi cab stand inside where you pick up your luggage and they will write out a ticket for the cab, very easy and much quicker than the cruiseline transfer.

gfleo January 6th, 2008 07:49 AM

Are you going on teh Adventure or the Serenade?

pokeyboylf January 7th, 2008 07:22 PM

Just came back from SJ the taxi is a flat rate of $14.00 plus $1.00 for each BIG luggage that is for the taxi not per person

pop66ma January 8th, 2008 04:20 PM

When you get to the taxi stand tell them you want a van.They will call a van up to the front of the line.We will be doing the Seranade in two weeks and will be taking the cab it is the best way.

bdpndc January 18th, 2008 09:35 AM

The price is roughly $19.00. I think there is a bag limit of one bag per person before they charge additional money for any additional bags. I believe the additional bag rate it $1.00 per bag.
I am cruising on the 20th and I think I will just use the RCCL transfer service this way once they take my bags, I won't have to worry about them until they are delivered to my stateroom.

lynda.lynch.750 July 5th, 2014 09:54 PM

2014 prices

We are going from San Juan airport to the Carnival port. Does anyone know what the price of a cab would be currently? Would like to weigh the cost and convenience factors.

storybookcruises.com July 5th, 2014 11:14 PM

Definitely much quicker, easier, and cheaper to take a taxi than to screw around with the transfers provided by the cruise line.

Here's the latest information;

Getting Around By Taxi ? Zones & Fares Explained | Puerto Rico Day Trips Travel Guide

Basically, $19 per taxi each way (not per person), plus $1 per piece of luggage.

Pete