Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2008, 09:09 AM
Beginner

Default Transportation from Orlando to Port Canaveral

Anyone have any ideas on transportation from Orlando Airpor to Port Canaveral ? We are going to stay in Coco Beach.

Rent a car for a one way trip or find a transportation company? Thanks in advance for the help!
Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2008, 08:36 PM
First Mate

We're going in September and leaning heavily toward renting a car. I understand that many of the rental companies have drop-offs very close to the port - and they will shuttle you over to the pier.

For us, since we're going in a day early, we'll have the car to get around in for Saturday - and drive over to the port Saturday.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 10:07 PM
Admiral

MarleyJoe, I went on the Sovereign last year and this guy Gary picked me up at the airport and took me to Port Caneveral. He has a van. Gary is very reliable. Give him a call. 407 924-5036. Bob
Old January 24th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

we are staying in orlando 2 days prior to the feb.24 sailing on the mariner out of cape canaveral and our travel agent hooked us up with a ride from the airport to the docks and return after the cruise. About $70 roundtrip for 2 people. Much cheaper and easier then renting a car from the research I did. the only thing is getting back to the airport but the hotel provides transportation. A little pricey but takes the stress out of it. Might be worth looking into.
Old January 24th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Admiral

asmith, unless you are going to Disneyworld and the other parks, why stay in Orlando? We would rather be closer to the port and having been raised there, I have more reason to look around. You have more flexibility and freedom, maybe last minute shopping at Target or WalMart. You can have dinner at Grills by the port on Saturday and watch the other cruise ships leave. Renting a car for the 1 hour (max) straight drive to Cape Canaveral, staying in Cocoa Beach and exploring the area is a great way to go. Budgets location is the closest to the port and they don't charge a one way fee. Have a return reservation then take your time driving back to Orlando. It is so easy and fun. Whatever you decide, enjoy the Mariner!! We loved it!

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302