Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Beginner

Default Drinks on board

Going on Liberty in May...any suggestions on how to save (if possible) on the drinking on board the ship...any "bundle" cards...you know prepay for $50.00 and get 10???? anything like that...

I have heard many people bring their own on board via water bottles in their suit cases and then order the mixers to their room... I realize different ships have different policies.
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Drink the drink of the day and order it in a regular glass not the one you can take home.

Old January 27th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Passenger

RCI does have a soda card if you are planning to drink alot of soda pop. otherwise I agree with the drink of the day...
Old January 28th, 2008, 01:02 AM
Beginner

give me some examples of the drink for the day....
Old January 28th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

Sail away drinks for RCI are fruity type coladas.. My favorite was Mango tango- a mango colada.. Mmmm yummy! I had about 15 during my cruise! lol .. and of course a Pina colada!

They always come in the souvenir glass, so maybe it would be cheaper in a regular glass. Drinks of the day are usually listed in your compass. Priced about $4.99 each, with rum is I think $5.99... i think? you must ask for them with rum or it will be a virgin. I was always asked prior, with rum or no? But i hear a lot of people say it was inconsistent.. they thought they were drinking rum, waiting to get buzzed and realized 10 drinks later that they were all virgins!!! So just be sure to ask if thats what you want, just to be safe!!

Stumbling home to your cabin is acceptable, falling over board is not- drink responsibly! lol
Old January 31st, 2008, 07:24 PM
Passenger

....they were all virgins because there was no rum....I know its litterally true, but sounds funny!
Old January 31st, 2008, 08:55 PM
First Mate

Most times while laying out at the pool those drinks are already made.......NO problem...as they come back and ask me I say, YES, and tell them to top it off they always have the bottle of RUM in their hands......and I just say when.
Old February 3rd, 2008, 12:50 PM
Passenger

I just returned yesterday from Liberty- I was able to sneak a bottle of Vodka and rum n my checked luggage. during the day I would make drinks in my sippy cup and hang out at the pool. If you plan on butying your drinks- Go and see R&R at the skybar- he will take care of you- I wuld buy one and then he would give me the next on the sly!! If you are a big drinker, and do not sneak anything on board, I would slip the bartender a $50-on the side, and they will take care of you. The daily drinks come in glasses that you can keep and they charge $8.95 if you don't want the glass then it is $6.95- don't forget that your gratutity is also added on 15%.

Hope this helps!!