Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Passenger

Default Cape Canaveral-Radisson resort at the port

Has anyone stayed at the Radisson Resort at the Port? Any pointers, tips, or reviews?
Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Admiral

If you're going to use their shuttle on cruise day, get your name on the list ASAP for the time you want. We called 2 days before and it worked well. Some cruisers had problems that day and our friends just took a cab for $5. They have a nice huge pool and there was a Subway to the right of lthe hotel which came in handy. Enjoy!

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old January 30th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

Yes, we stayed there. Get the 1 bedroom suite. Well worth it. The grounds are stunning. You can see my photo's over at Tripadvisor.com of the property. Beautiful place!

Serenade of the Seas - '05
Sovereign of the Seas - '07
Old January 30th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Passenger

The pictures were really nice. Approximately, how long does it take to get to the port from there?
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:35 AM
Passenger

Using the hotel shuttle service its about a 10 min ride, and fun. The driver gets the crowd involved & as you approach the ship from the distance tha anticipation builds. He was the warm-up act I suppose.

We've stayed at that Radissobn twice & will be there again in July. There are cheaper hotels around but if you can affored it, its well worth it. Its a great way to start you vacation, plus they include your car parking in the fee, which at the pier is around $80 p/ day if I recall.

We had problmes once with other hotel guests throwing a wild party, the customer service was superb & several of us with adjacent rooms got all costs waived...that was expectioanl & beyond our expectations.

As someone else here said...One last thing about the shuttle...DONT DELAY BOOKING the shuttle. The early trips to the boat fill quickly.

Have a fun & safe trip.

Bob
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:37 AM
Passenger

Pardon my above typos...Im at work & should be working...typing fast
Old January 31st, 2008, 06:07 PM
Passenger

Thank you for the helpful information. We have already called ahead to set our shuttle time. We have the first shuttle leaving the hotel, so we should be at the port by noon I would think.
Old February 4th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Passenger

You can't go wrong with the shuttle service from the Radisson at the Port. I put my name on the list when I make my reservation and then double check that I'm on the list at least once a month or two before we leave checking AGAIN upon our arrival. Just want to make sure.

I believe it's more like a 5 minute ride once you leave the Radisson. Also have had no problem once we disembark the ship. The shuttle has always been right there on within sight.

They're great!
Old February 10th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Tonyode

Sounds like this is the place to stay if leaving from Port Can. ??? It looks nice from the site. Anyone else stay anywhere else around the port that is worth looking into??
Old February 13th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

If you are looking at a place on the beach just go down A1A about 3 miles on your left and stay at the Best Western...much cheaper..right next to the Pier..you will be able to see the cruise ships going out if you go the day before..There is a Pubix(supermarket) right across the street so you can go get any last minute beverages, ect..